manual camchain ajuster

brucedog

Reaction score
i wounder if anyone can help me i am after a manual camchain adjuster,the start up rattle is driving me nuts,i know they all do it but i think my OCD is kicking in.there is a company in the states that does them but they wont ship to the uk.the other thing is has anyone had a good result from fitting the modified tensioner,mine is a 2009 so it will probably have the old tensioner on it.the bike has done 24,000 miles pulls like a train no rattles apart from start up and doesn't us any oil.so if anyone can help that would be great.

cheers tony.

Want to do the same to mine, the rattle drives me nuts! I was going to just replace the tensioner spring with a new one, I figure after 67k it's a bit soft.....

Just a bit worried about the cam timing or chain slipping or jumping..

No probs here, 2008 and still on original at 126,000 miles :D

Change from 10/40 to 15/50 made a big difference in keeping it quiet :eek:

:beerjug:

you still on the same tensioner, I believe they modified them, I was just going to buy one of them if I can find a manual adjuster and put the 15/50w oil in as well.OCD kicking in again must stop!!.that place over your way is pretty good for bits cant remember the name something works I think.

cheers tony.

you still on the same tensioner, I believe they modified them, I was just going to buy one of them if I can find a manual adjuster and put the 15/50w oil in as well.OCD kicking in again must stop!!.that place over your way is pretty good for bits cant remember the name something works I think.

cheers tony.

As my post above yours says ... ".... still on the original" :D

No probs here, 2008 and still on original at 126,000 miles :D

Change from 10/40 to 15/50 made a big difference in keeping it quiet :eek:

Micky,

Did you switch to 15/50 when you had a lot of miles done or early in it's life ?

I only have @ 18,000 miles on mine and I have 10/40 in it - was thinking about switching to 15/50.

Yeah, changed to 15/50 on BMW/Dealer recommendation ... and general availability :thumb

Much quieter ... just hoping there's a 50/90 available in another 100K :D

Yeah, changed to 15/50 on BMW/Dealer recommendation ... and general availability :thumb

Much quieter ... just hoping there's a 50/90 available in another 100K :D

Thanks

50/90 For the knees is it ?

Back
Top Bottom