Calling all FFs and fashionistas. Bull-It jeans and gaping bum cracks!

auf_wiedersehen_pet

Reaction score
Evening all.

The basics 6' 5" and 140kg. Commonly referred to as a ff.

I've got BMW twat suit troos but feel like I should be riding to Mongolia every time I put them on. I fancy a set of Kevlar/covec jeans and research has lead me to Bull-It. I've tried 44 and 42 Veloces and 42 SR6 and whilst the standing fit is fine, when I sit down I've got half of my arse crack out. They feel like ladies low slung jeans (or so people tell me). Never worn any. Honestly!

So, calling all ffs out there. Are there any brands you'd recommend? They need to be black, Kevlar/covec lined and able to fit over adventure boots.

You are Gigantor and I claim my £5.
whilst the standing fit is fine, when I sit down I've got half of my arse crack out.
'Tis a lovely picture you paint for us.
They feel like ladies low slung jeans (or so people tell me). Never worn any. Honestly!
Methinks he doth complaineth too much.

So, calling all ffs out there. Are there any brands you'd recommend? They need to be black, Kevlar/covec lined and able to fit over adventure boots.
Absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute. Soz.

The Klim K Fifty 1 jeans have a reasonably waist ( but not available in black )

Agree with you on the fit of Bull it jeans. I have a pair and really like them for pretty much the same reason.

Have a look at Hood jeans. I think they will do custom fit if standard sizes won't do.

I've got bull-it jeans red something or other. I hate them. Heavy and awfully cut. Good fit on the hips but there is around 2" of excess material that makes you feel like you about to loose your trousers. If you wear a belt, then loose material does bunch up which makes it uncomfortable. Knee armour pockets or bits of Velcro that hold pocket shut chafe on the knee. Personally I'd avoid them at all cost. Apparently up to about three years ago, bull-it jeans were own company, now been bought out by Oxford and as a result they are crap now.

I'd rather spend my money on:

Hood K7, Good British jean (according to reviews)

PMJ legend jeans , cost around £180, come with adjustable knee armour but no hip armour.

Rokker jeans, expensive but they are the best and come with full hip and knee D3O armour. Also have no further liners and are 100% waterproof. Because they have no other liners, they wear like a normal jean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all.

I've got BMW twat suit troos but feel like I should be riding to Mongolia every time I put them on. I fancy a set of Kevlar/covec jeans and research has lead me to Bull-It. I've tried 44 and 42 Veloces and 42 SR6 and whilst the standing fit is fine, when I sit down I've got half of my arse crack out. They feel like ladies low slung jeans (or so people tell me). Never worn any. Honestly!

+ 1 for Hood

I have the Hood K7s. Check the Hood website for full spec. But they're fully lined not part lined. They have a high waist band, Very comfortable with a range of sizes, colours, types and fairly certain they'll go over your boots. You can buy/try and return if necessary. Better still visit (bit of a trek for you granted) and try them on and get them turned up to your exact leg length. I did this last year. I rang and booked in. The friendly welcome to a small UK business is second to none. Chris explained technical details to me. Julie sorted my jeans. By eye she correctly sized me, fitted the armour, turned up my jeans, made me a cuppa. I tried them on and paid. I highly recommend them.

Can't speak for other bike jean manufacturers as I've no experience and no I don't work for Hood

Cheers

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bull-it Cargos work for me @ 6'6'' and around 125kg. No visible bike park!

My wife has recently bought some Hood jeans, the service and help was exceptional and I will get some next time. At present I'm wearing BMWs denim jeans, which I do like and prefer to Draggin jeans, which I found less comfortable.

Hoods custom fit is probably going to be your best bet as I suspect you have a long inside leg. Phone them, they are extremely helpful.

Have a look at the RST ones they are a loose fit and come with knee armour you can purchase hip armour

I wore Draggin Jeans for years and hate these as better

'Tis a lovely picture you paint for us.

Might be quite liberating actually. :JB

And you don't look like Ewen or Charlie going to tesco

Thanks for the link. That's such a good phrase and sums up exactly why I want jeans. :clap

The Klim K Fifty 1 jeans have a reasonably waist ( but not available in black )

Ta. I'll have a look on their site.

Have a look at Hood jeans. I think they will do custom fit if standard sizes won't do.

Cool. Custom fit sounds great.

I'd rather spend my money on:

Hood K7, Good British jean (according to reviews)

PMJ legend jeans , cost around £180, come with adjustable knee armour but no hip armour.

Rokker jeans, expensive but they are the best and come with full hip and knee D3O armour. Also have no further liners and are 100% waterproof. Because they have no other liners, they wear like a normal jean.

Cheers for the info. I'll read up on it.

+ 1 for Hood

Thanks mate.

I highly recommend them.

Cheers Clive, that's some recommendation. I feel a visit coming on.

Bull-it Cargos work for me @ 6'6'' and around 125kg. No visible bike park!

I think the extra 15kg must all be on my arse. :eek:

+2 for Hood

Thanks.

Hoods custom fit is probably going to be your best bet as I suspect you have a long inside leg. Phone them, they are extremely helpful.

Cheers. Custom fit sounds ideal.

Have a look at the RST ones they are a loose fit and come with knee armour you can purchase hip armour.

Thanks. I'll check them out.

Thanks everybody. :clap:clap

Even in touch with Hood and they are sending an info pack and fabric swatches to me. I'll check the others out this evening.

I was a similar weight, and had got Hideout to make me a pair of trousers, and they zip into my jacket, which means no crack on display and no issues in the skin rash department in an off.

Now that I'm a few sizes smaller and well under the 100kg they have altered the trousers again and I've even ordered a new pair of textiles from them.

I know they are not local to you, but cannot sing their praises enough, the made to measure has been brilliant and very comfy.

The Hood jeans arrived and they are brilliant. Very well made. Fit is great and a leg length of 36+ means that even if they ride up my ankles will be covered.

I'd recommend Hood to all GSers. ����

Back
Top Bottom