Poor running at tickover

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have just been on a five day riding tour of Scotland,covering 1500 miles.
For the last 400 or so on starting the bike it has on occasions given the impression of hunting, fluctuating between 1000and 1500 revs. On occasions it has also cut out on coming to a standstill. This is an intermittent problem and even when riding at speed the engine feels as though it is only running on one cylinder and the other intermittently.
The bike is a 2012 hex head with 25000 miles, anyone any ideas what the most likely issue is.
Thanks in advance.

If its worse cold it could be a sticking idle solenoid.

Worse when hot puts a coil in the frame. What type of coils do you have?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have just been on a five day riding tour of Scotland,covering 1500 miles.
For the last 400 or so on starting the bike it has on occasions given the impression of hunting, fluctuating between 1000and 1500 revs. On occasions it has also cut out on coming to a standstill. This is an intermittent problem and even when riding at speed the engine feels as though it is only running on one cylinder and the other intermittently.
The bike is a 2012 hex head with 25000 miles, anyone any ideas what the most likely issue is.
Thanks in advance.

I assume you have fixed this as its nearly a year ago. How? I ask because mine has started doing very similar.

Intermittent lumpy tickover (goes as soon as I put a bit of weight on the cable) and a general feeling that all is not 100% well when riding - just a but lumpy and perhaps a tad unresponsive to the throttle. I haven't tried anything yet, just doing a search for potential issues and solutions.

I assume you have fixed this as its nearly a year ago. How? I ask because mine has started doing very similar.

Intermittent lumpy tickover (goes as soon as I put a bit of weight on the cable) and a general feeling that all is not 100% well when riding - just a but lumpy and perhaps a tad unresponsive to the throttle. I haven't tried anything yet, just doing a search for potential issues and solutions.

Having browsed around the forum the symptoms I have all point to it being the stick coils. I made a somewhat cheeky offer of £100 for a set of 4 to breaker on Ebay which has been accepted, paid for, and should be on their way on Monday. :D Hopefully those will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom