Italian : Sicilian tour 2-3 weeks August onward, camping / hotels etc..

mikethebike

Reaction score
Ok chaps, I have been planning this trip for a while now and i think the time has come to do it, I will be looking into the transporter train to get down to northern Italy overnight, in which case i'll be spending 2 weeks down there, if this option is not available anymore, I will be riding down and taking 3 weeks to do the lot, Italy and Sicily, nothing booked no deadlines no pressure just see what happens, naturally camping but no objections to any option that pops up.:yikes
This is an open invite to anyone who fancies it, all the details can be discussed, all dates are open to discussion, and all riders are welcome especially those who have never been to Europe on their bike before as happy to help 😁
Any advice on places to visit and camp sites that you recommend will be most welcome: )

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The big gal and i were doing this this year until i had my heart attack, we were going to ride down to south of france and then get a boat to corsica and then sardinia and from there to sicilly, and make our way back through italy taking in herculaneum pompei and rome, and anywhere else that took our fancy. then through the dolomites austria germany and france back home.
Who knows if all goes well we may still do it, i will keep an eye on this thread.

Good advice indeed but i rarely do and then i'll not be far from it. If a few of us go we'll work on a relay sytem where there is always someone with them. Did you have some bad experience there then ?

The big gal and i were doing this this year until i had my heart attack, we were going to ride down to south of france and then get a boat to corsica and then sardinia and from there to sicilly, and make our way back through italy taking in herculaneum pompei and rome, and anywhere else that took our fancy. then through the dolomites austria germany and france back home.
Who knows if all goes well we may still do it, i will keep an eye on this thread.
I know what you are saying mate and decided to get there while i could and stop putting it off due to others commitments. Hope you are well enough to get there soon :) myself, i want to ride it all except the trip getting down there lol .

Good advice indeed but i rarely do and then i'll not be far from it. If a few of us go we'll work on a relay sytem where there is always someone with them. Did you have some bad experience there then ?

Yes, Mike, at a hotel in Agrigento an Aprilia Mille had both front brake calipers stolen and the lines cut. There was a little minor damage to a couple of other bikes where the miscreant had tried further thefts. The problem is well known and widespread.

Back
Top Bottom