best aftermarket or main dealer modification

I think the best "bang for your buck" is probably the suspension; Wilbers make an incredible difference to how the bike handles.

Thereafter it probably about trying to let the engine breath a little better, so either an aftermarket can or a remap.

and heres mine :D

Attachments

• IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0877 (3).jpg
    IMG_0877 (3).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 617
FFS whats wrong with you lot on here is this what GS riders are like bunch of sad fucks

take a breather mate...dont throw the towel in its a fab place and trust me you will fit in fine :thumby:

best mod

akra headers in cool ti if you can stretch to em
hilltop remap
any guard to keep the shit of the crap paint, ie. mudsling
here's mine

sorry its here :thumby:

Attachments

• 22329_10205594099403957_8481413950994594660_n.jpg
    22329_10205594099403957_8481413950994594660_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 342
and heres mine :D

attachment.php

Now - that is stunning!

Did you try it before bunging the BSTs on it? That must go like a greased ferret on elastic!

Al:D

Now - that is stunning!

Did you try it before bunging the BSTs on it? That must go like a greased ferret on elastic!

yes it was scary quick before i did anything! the wheels have made a huge difference..its like a 250cc, a light one at that..its got the Ti Akra, full Ti Bolt kit, lightweight battery, lightweight sprocket kit, full gilles controls, quick action throttle.. i recon ive took about 13-15kg off the weight and changed gearing from 39 to 42 rear, it will lift the front in 4th well into 3 figures ...plus Hilltop remap, i let Geoff have a spin and his superstock racer mate have a go they couldn't believe how quick it is 197 RWHP ABOUT 157kg its not going to hang about Al :D

Blackal, brilliant machine. Which are them tankpads?

Thanks! It's so far removed from the standard machine (which was a cracking road bike itself) - my last superbike.

I'll check back through e-mails for the tank grips details

Al

yes it was scary quick before i did anything! the wheels have made a huge difference..its like a 250cc, a light one at that..its got the Ti Akra, full Ti Bolt kit, lightweight battery, lightweight sprocket kit, full gilles controls, quick action throttle.. i recon ive took about 13-15kg off the weight and changed gearing from 39 to 42 rear, it will lift the front in 4th well into 3 figures ...plus Hilltop remap, i let Geoff have a spin and his superstock racer mate have a go they couldn't believe how quick it is 197 RWHP ABOUT 157kg its not going to hang about Al :D

The hard figs only tell part of the story - the wheels will make a disproportionate input to the performance, and give the Ohlins an easier job. gotta be an absolute hoot!

I love Carbonfibre wheels -got them (Dymags) on my R-1 and also (CF rims / Mag spokes) on my BMW R1100s BCR - the biggest bang per buck you will ever get on a bike. If I was absolutely sure of my "holiday" bike for the next few years (currently an S1000XR with no miles on it) - I'd go for them again (Rotobox wheels appeal)

The hard figs only tell part of the story - the wheels will make a disproportionate input to the performance, and give the Ohlins an easier job. gotta be an absolute hoot!

I love Carbonfibre wheels -got them (Dymags) on my R-1 and also (CF rims / Mag spokes) on my BMW R1100s BCR - the biggest bang per buck you will ever get on a bike. If I was absolutely sure of my "holiday" bike for the next few years (currently an S1000XR with no miles on it) - I'd go for them again (Rotobox wheels appeal)

If i don't change the XR next year I will spend the money on some carbon wheels

I nearly bought som last year but talked myself out of it and spent the money on trips instead

If i don't change the XR next year I will spend the money on some carbon wheels

I nearly bought som last year but talked myself out of it and spent the money on trips instead

Suspension needs adjustment to cater for them.

Have a look at Rotobox - claimed to be stronger/lighter than the two other candidates (Dymag/BST).

Al

You asked for mods - I gave you mine..........

Then you got all smart-mouthed..........

Suck it up, snowflake.

nice carbon wheels !!
i thought this was a GS forum ? so why would i wanna see some old big bang lol how slow were they .... ever heard the saying can't polish a turd! next your be telling me you can ride fast bet you had hours of fun sticking them go faster rim tapes on them oh non carbon wheels

take a breather mate...dont throw the towel in its a fab place and trust me you will fit in fine :thumby:

best mod

akra headers in cool ti if you can stretch to em
hilltop remap
any guard to keep the shit of the crap paint, ie. mudsling
here's mine
i wasn't sure about changing the pipes cos i didn't wanna make it to loud for touring , i was more interested in bags storage and protection

i use an 80ltr north face duffel bag and have it longways it im traveling alone never bothered with panniers also BMW Softbag 2..sw motec bars, quality kit and good price

Back
Top Bottom