More speed camera vans in N Yorks

I think getting another jammer is the way forward. Apparently, it gives the speed gun operator an error message when they use it on a vehicle fitted with one. It would nice to have one which gives the speed gun operator a message saying 'Up Yours'!

They love jammers...that changes speeding into perverting the course of justice which really enhances the performance indicators for the Force!!:blast

Gives too high a reading ie; 215mph.

This falls outwith parameters which means that "all" readings are suspect and cannot be used for prosecution. It will need to be recertified, as obviously there is something wrong.

It is not an offence to 'broadcast' light at certain frequencies and you are not "jamming" any signal.

Having a laser/radar detector is always a prudent thing, problem is by the time the detector picks up lase, it is often too late.

Each Force has its own criteria for max/min distances for capture. It is knowing these and then setting up sensitivity so that you pick up any reflections prior to entering capture zone, fortunately we have a national criteria up here, so it isn't to difficult.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Silver Hi Roof ones are I thought or maybe they are Trafics/Vivaros - they all look the same to me

New ones in post 1 are compact vans like Connects, but haven't seen one of those yet

I like the chap on the FJR 1300 with his tripod camera - always smiles when you give him a friendly wave

I saw one of the usual large Transit scamera vans today, plus two of the smaller ones on the A170 on the way to Scarborough and back :blast

I was nabbed on the Easingwold bypass at 7:50 on a Saturday morning... a three mile stretch of clear good visibility road, the only vehicle moving on it was me, the only other vehicle in site was a white (unmarked) van in the layby. 66 in a 60.... not sure just how much safety was addressed on that bright clear wide very low traffic no pedestrian road that morning.... but I did the crime so paid my fine.

66! So they're not following the ACPO guidelines anymore, despite what it says on their website :mad: Maybe you'd have just been offered a speed awareness course if you'd gone a bit faster :p

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/what-we-do/road-policing/speed-awareness-course/

I saw one of the usual large Transit scamera vans today, plus two of the smaller ones on the A170 on the way to Scarborough and back :blast

Saw one tonight on Easingwold bypass, at 6.30pm

They are Vivaro's, like a trannie though...........

Gives too high a reading ie; 215mph.

This falls outwith parameters which means that "all" readings are suspect and cannot be used for prosecution. It will need to be recertified, as obviously there is something wrong.

It is not an offence to 'broadcast' light at certain frequencies and you are not "jamming" any signal.

Having a laser/radar detector is always a prudent thing, problem is by the time the detector picks up lase, it is often too late.

Each Force has its own criteria for max/min distances for capture. It is knowing these and then setting up sensitivity so that you pick up any reflections prior to entering capture zone, fortunately we have a national criteria up here, so it isn't to difficult.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thanks.:beerjug: glad i was around , and having it large, before the technology developed to make heinous criminals of all minor transgresser's. I just wish they would be honest enough to admit, it's now about the money,than any real safety values. Tyres, seat belts, brakes, crumple zones, and rd design have been the biggest life saver's. It feels funny having to come to terms with the fact, i was part of the Golden years motoring. If you got pulled back in the day, it was a human being that was faster, and better rider or driver than you. And that always comanded respect. Todays camera pointer's are even less than a pale imitation of the real thing.

Saw one tonight on Easingwold bypass, at 6.30pm

They are Vivaro's, like a trannie though...........

OK, I should have said Transit-type vans..... but it's just a generic description nowadays , like Biro or Hoover :p

OK, I should have said Transit-type vans..... but it's just a generic description nowadays , like Biro or Hoover :p

I said that earlier, I know what you mean

All medium sized vans are Transits to me, generically

Keep your eyes peeled Sven (like I am ) or stick to the tandem

66! So they're not following the ACPO guidelines anymore, despite what it says on their website :mad: Maybe you'd have just been offered a speed awareness course if you'd gone a bit faster :p

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/what-we-do/road-policing/speed-awareness-course/
ACPO was dissolved in 2015. Its the NPCC now. The old guidelines are still in place but unfortunately, they are just guidelines, not protocols.
Its all irrelevant as from the 24th of the month anyhow:
https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/the-uks-new-speeding-fines-explained

Back
Top Bottom