Downplpe cleaning

loadmaster

Reaction score
Watched a few youtube videos of people cleaning the exhausts with Harpic Max 10, so even though my headers was not too bad only tarnished I thought I'd give it a whizz.
I can honestly say, removing the tarnish was virtually instant. This stuff eats rust & tarnish. I sealed the engine with plastic bin liners, removed the bash plate and brushed on the Harpic, after 10 mins I washed off with a sponge and warm soapy water then ran engine for 2-3 mins to dry. Absolutely worth it. unable to post pics of before & after.

Watched a few youtube videos of people cleaning the exhausts with Harpic Max 10, so even though my headers was not too bad only tarnished I thought I'd give it a whizz.
I can honestly say, removing the tarnish was virtually instant. This stuff eats rust & tarnish. I sealed the engine with plastic bin liners, removed the bash plate and brushed on the Harpic, after 10 mins I washed off with a sponge and warm soapy water then ran engine for 2-3 mins to dry. Absolutely worth it. unable to post pics of before & after.

Its basicly formic acid diluted to less than 5% and you are pickling the steel to remove the grime :thumb

Back
Top Bottom