Stator that works for more than 6 months

gjclark38

Reaction score
Hi FG50GS twin SE 2012

seems like staor has gone again after 4 months and 4K can any one recommend one that works longer than 6 months in under 2 years now looking at 5th one

covered about 26-28K in that time original one lasted 38K is there something better but not at bmw prices for whole unit ?

thanks

Aot of folk had there's sorted by West Country Windings....

Hi FG50GS twin SE 2012

seems like staor has gone again after 4 months and 4K can any one recommend one that works longer than 6 months in under 2 years now looking at 5th one

covered about 26-28K in that time original one lasted 38K is there something better but not at bmw prices for whole unit ?

thanks
Don't quite get the maths on this bike is 2012 so 5 yrs old, had 5 stators, done 28k miles yet original lasted 38K miles. It must be me!

I hear of people doing 60K plus before needing to get a new stator, this bike shells em out every year!

There was a guy selling a new one over on the abr forum tecently think that was possibly from west country windings I'll try and find it if it's of interest although it was still about a £100. As stated though you if you've got through that many possibly the fault lies somewhere else? I believe also they modified the flywheel in 2014 to improve cooling, I've got one to fit on mine soon as I get chance.

AL

Hi FG50GS twin SE 2012

thanks
Would suggest there's a deeper problem.....

last 2 years covered a further 26-28 k now need a new stator covered 38k before 1st replacement

Back
Top Bottom