MOTOSCAN app

I got the cable today and it all mostly works with the shitty cheap ELM327 OBD scantool I have. It reads the current mileage but gives the wrong values for the next service data.

Same thing when I tried it on my S1000R so pretty sure it's down to the scantool. I am thinking it will work fine when the OBDlink MX turns up.

I got the cable today and it all mostly works with the shitty cheap ELM327 OBD scantool I have. It reads the current mileage but gives the wrong values for the next service data.

Same thing when I tried it on my S1000R so pretty sure it's down to the scantool. I am thinking it will work fine when the OBDlink MX turns up.

Any news???

Any news???

Sort of...the recommended scantool never turned up so I had to order another one which should be here in a couple days hopefully. I tried it with a Ebay cheapy I had around and yes it worked except setting the service intervals. It could read them fine but trying to set them didn't work.

Sort of...the recommended scantool never turned up so I had to order another one which should be here in a couple days hopefully. I tried it with a Ebay cheapy I had around and yes it worked except setting the service intervals. It could read them fine but trying to set them didn't work.

Which version of app did you buy?
You can reset the service interval only with Professional and Ultimate version of the app.

Finally got the new scantool and it works 99%. It's resets the service date and interval fine but reads the wrong mileage for some reason. Really doesnt matter though in the scheme of things. I had to update the firmware of the scantool first before it would work at all.

I tried it on my GS and S1000R.

Finally got the new scantool and it works 99%. It's resets the service date and interval fine but reads the wrong mileage for some reason. Really doesnt matter though in the scheme of things. I had to update the firmware of the scantool first before it would work at all.

Could you post a link of purchased OBD scantool?

Ok the app works fine but it just displays a little different than I was expecting. My odometer is 17162klms and it showed Next Service 7838km but it was set for 25000klms. What it is showing you is the next service is in 7838klms from now.

Ok the app works fine but it just displays a little different than I was expecting. My odometer is 17162klms and it showed Next Service 7838km but it was set for 25000klms. What it is showing you is the next service is in 7838klms from now.

Nothing wrong with that! :) Sum the 17162 & 7838 and you'll get the 25.000! :)

Looking on Amazon for the correct adaptor cable but can only seem to find the Bmw car one ,is it the same ?? Cheers ☺

Reseting the service interval with Motoscan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ET0FLheZTQ

Has anyone had any success using the Motoscan app with the ELM327 OBD2 adaptor shown in the video?

I’d like to reset the service indicator on my 2013 1200GS. I’ve got the same OBD2 adaptor which works ok with my car and I’ve bought a lead to connect it to the GS. At the moment I’ve only loaded the free version of Motoscan as I wanted to see if I could connect to the bike first, but it comes up with a message saying it can’t connect to the control unit.
The only Android device I have is an old Tesco Hudl running Android 4.2.2, I’m not sure if that makes any difference, the app seems to run ok though.

Has anyone had any success using the Motoscan app with the ELM327 OBD2 adaptor shown in the video?

I’d like to reset the service indicator on my 2013 1200GS. I’ve got the same OBD2 adaptor which works ok with my car and I’ve bought a lead to connect it to the GS. At the moment I’ve only loaded the free version of Motoscan as I wanted to see if I could connect to the bike first, but it comes up with a message saying it can’t connect to the control unit.
The only Android device I have is an old Tesco Hudl running Android 4.2.2, I’m not sure if that makes any difference, the app seems to run ok though.

Prolly the ELM327 - i had similar with my GS when trying to use the 327

i bought a 911 in the end

It’s looking like I’ll need to buy a different OBD2 adaptor then.

Has anyone got a pin out diagram for the BMW to OBD2 lead so I can check mine is wired correctly?

I bought one of these for £10.95 and it talks to my 1200 GS. I haven’t had any service lights or fault codes to clear yet mind you .

2b8e8ed5d63929fe4ff6783769088bc8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom