R11OOGS KALAHARI

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1100GS-Kalahari-/162474304967?hash=item25d43925c7:g:WqwAAOSwdI9Y8LDK

anyone know anything about this bike? Is the Kalahari any different from the standard GS?

Don't know anything about that particular bike but the 'Kalahari' option is just a paint colour as far as I know. It is no different from any other bog standard 1100GS. It's not a shining example and appears to have spent it's life outside looking at the rust. However if it's been well serviced it would probably clean up with a few hours hard work. The late 1100's were a well-sorted bike and it depends on what you're after I suppose. For it's overall appearance I'd not be paying £1900 but if it's mechanically spot on the cosmetic side is easier to resolve.

it's overpriced by a good margin. mine was in a similar condition with the rust and corrosion and i paid £1150 which i thought was fair, though mine had 20k more miles and zero service history. £2500 or thereabouts will get you an 1150 in better condition if you're patient.

Looks a good bike to me - Kalahari is THE colour to have. Full history and low mileage with the later gearbox, stick some renthals on it and give it a good clean up and it's good for another 100K miles at least.
Said he's open to offers so I think he's priced it high - a bargain at £1600 I reckon.

:beerjug:

FYI the ebay auction where he bought it is still in the 'sold items' search - he paid £1700.

Looks a good bike to me - Kalahari is THE colour to have. Full history and low mileage with the later gearbox, stick some renthals on it and give it a good clean up and it's good for another 100K miles at least.
Said he's open to offers so I think he's priced it high - a bargain at £1600 I reckon.

:beerjug:

What he says!
I will never part with my Kalahari :beerjug:

Isn't that the " monkey piss " yellow kalahari? :D

thanks for the info - want an 1100 not an 1150 - every time I put a bike up I get told its overpriced. Where are these mythical bikes in minto condition for a bag of sand? I never seem to find them! Thanks for the post on what he originally paid. That is helpful if I pursue it.

i love the 1100. prefer the spacing in the 5 speed box over the 1150s 6. yes it's a heavy pig but that seems to disappear once you start moving. mine is still rusty and corroded but the major mechanicals are now taken care of and cosmetically i'm not bothered. looks like shit but i would take it around the world tomorrow if funds and family allowed. wouldn't say the same for a 1200

I agree, best GS for daily use. Bought mine 4 years ago from Bryan, another one of his 6 week keepers! Use it everyday for my commute and love the bike. Form me better than the 1150 and he 1200 and cheaper to. Let others pay more for those models while you get the better deal. Mines a red one but I agree the Kalahari is the best colour.

I agree, best GS for daily use. Bought mine 4 years ago from Bryan, another one of his 6 week keepers! Use it everyday for my commute and love the bike. Form me better than the 1150 and he 1200 and cheaper to. Let others pay more for those models while you get the better deal. Mines a red one but I agree the Kalahari is the best colour.

Who is this 'Bryan' you speak of :confused:

Back
Top Bottom