Electra glide

Still on subject i phoned Chesterfield harley and asked about there prices for servicing !
Gulp £320 for small service which i think is fluids etc and over £500 for major double gulp !
Anyone know of independant workshop with reasonable rates ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The only " special " tools required are a bent screwdriver and a rusty claw hammer, just do it yourself .

Darren.

Still on subject i phoned Chesterfield harley and asked about there prices for servicing !
Gulp £320 for small service which i think is fluids etc and over £500 for major double gulp !
Anyone know of independant workshop with reasonable rates ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Virtually every town has an indeodndent HD dealer - you will need to ask around, they rarely advertise

Virtually every town has an indeodndent HD dealer - you will need to ask around, they rarely advertise

I did and he went bankrupt 3 years ago apparently according to the guy who is now in his unit.

Don't do it
I'll have the bike and ride it as it is !
Now where did i put my boots and Stetson?

already on it

wished I had not spent all the money and the hassle doing it but there ya go

should of just bought a new bike but that's what building does to ya I'm afraid

Attachments

• IMG_20160929_114236.jpg
    IMG_20160929_114236.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 218
I wouldn't worry about high mileage on HDs, it's the condition and service history that is important. Don't pay extra for any added bits, as they're basically all just Taiwanese chrome anyway and will end up in a skip/Ebay within 3 months of buying the bike.

Touring models vary in price significantly more than any of the other bikes during a year. I bought a 2005 FLHTCUi from a dealer with a 12 month warranty on it for £8k several years ago now, but I bought it in January but it was high mileage and a bit scruffy. Road Kings will be more money than an EG because ...... chromosexuals. Street Glides are also more expensive than an EG because .......... no idea.

Buy the latest model that you can afford. Everything else is fixable after that :thumb

Touring models vary in price significantly more than any of the other bikes during a year. I bought a 2005 FLHTCUi from a dealer with a 12 month warranty on it for £8k several years ago now, but I bought it in January but it was high mileage and a bit scruffy. Road Kings will be more money than an EG because ...... chromosexuals. Street Glides are also more expensive than an EG because .......... no idea.

Lordy....I had no idea I was a chromosexual when I owned a Road King. I went to some effort and expense to remove the chrome too. I wonder, does the moniker stick beyond ownership? Am I still a chromosexual? Am I in a different pigeonhole now I own a Dyna? Complicated business this. Please advise.

Lordy....I had no idea I was a chromosexual when I owned a Road King. I went to some effort and expense to remove the chrome too. I wonder, does the moniker stick beyond ownership? Am I still a chromosexual? Am I in a different pigeonhole now I own a Dyna? Complicated business this. Please advise.

Jaysus, for a throw away light hearted comment it certainly brought out the touchy side!

It has a big chrome cowl around the headlight, which is exposed because the screen is transparent. It's otherwise just a Glide but the people who but it must prefer the chrome look to the Batwing.

Jaysus, for a throw away light hearted comment it certainly brought out the touchy side!

It has a big chrome cowl around the headlight, which is exposed because the screen is transparent. It's otherwise just a Glide but the people who but it must prefer the chrome look to the Batwing.

I was trying to be a little light hearted too. (With a healthy dollop of sarcasm added into the mix obviously).

I bought one because it was a lot more adaptable than a Glide. With a Glide you are pretty limited to what you can do due to the fairing and associated wiring etc. A Road King, not so. But that is just my take on it.

I also feel a stereo on a motorcycle is about as much use as an ashtray and something that is a little too much for my British reserve to cope with.

Back
Top Bottom