Not all Nav 6's are created equal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredaroony

Reaction score
Looks like some regions get different internal memory as my Australian version only comes with 4GB of storage space instead of the 16GB. It's also quite a bit more expensive here too!

xdGVOgNYzETL0lnf15FMs-c95ojmwmjHXo7t-GAwB88rE4XezFVdV0Qe4z62HtgIb8EkpaEPz_fr79u9UcY6gpY8CI_DtxUZAvzO_-bXAWmIujF-JUlbW8cT6g7ZLtRuhR6bwVqXuZnany7SmDDRqdfxS_-t4sMW1wXMurdYgmhSNrZcHyLr8i3PFXEEubsVwVahXhiH8POq1-1nUye-gu2nZXm-6rZekw9z8Apvold4CMY1NoRJ7C21RVXyJm8mBlVNeqdy0M7cJBfUO19qSuKroLdjuhNnvSvVXBKMiogXeQ8ivhq92zFcdGtZs91-WS3treAF_Wt4RRwIOXATTLIrPd2iJ5PGinrpj0iDUBtuDHDYxbs6YlNsx5fQ0X8aiaJRNb9Qjy_FW3rB4fVgdtpTaikR90XhBq6NIRZBjSF3M7-dlaeB5pSHePPE4BAJ-Bp7b7_4cyiO_Wuv4_lYqX1MSypfZlIIDvegF4zbygljAGd7lrxOEWYTxKtdxb1A8JHnM4m57BvH4DvAtg_AZT2uBzXLzHR8vFyBglC21N1wKbMk_GuosqCEPIosziwdhMswkWeUA6VKEUMs3IYX162lXijTqPfqgEII55EyJF2LgMcLm1bK=w800-h480-no

Probably because they do not need to include maps of miles upon miles of nothing :D

:beerjug:

PS Nothing is ever more expensive than in the UK, we are the most ripped-off people on earth. Everyone is out to screw us but it's all going to stop!

Probably because they do not need to include maps of miles upon miles of nothing :D

True and makes sense but just surprised they would bother making different hardware versions. Save a few dollars I suppose.

Cost me $1290 AUD or 781 pounds

At least I will be able to see how klms of nothing I have left to go :)

PS Nothing is ever more expensive than in the UK, we are the most ripped-off people on earth. Everyone is out to screw us but it's all going to stop!

Has Nutty been given the same version :p

You can save file space by simply deleting Western Australia. Theres nothing there worth seeing anyway.

You might think that 4GB was more than ample given that the GAFA by definition has nothing to display - a couple of signs such as "Birdsville straight on 2 days" should otherwise suffice

Or, as Australia was once described, it's just like a big Christmas cake - all the fruits and nuts around the edge and fuck all in the middle

True and makes sense but just surprised they would bother making different hardware versions. Save a few dollars I suppose.

Cost me $1290 AUD or 781 pounds

At least I will be able to see how klms of nothing I have left to go :)

You need to be watching out for Kangaroos not checking out the screen

I saw your updated comment. Have you been to Australia before? I order all my Wunderlich stuff from Rainbow BMW and save around 40-50% from what it costs here.

Even BMW parts are cheaper in the UK as well.

Worldwide BMW has 3 GPS versiobs for the Nav V and Nav VI:

North America
Europe
World

North America models are sold only in North America; they come preloaded with North America Life Time Maps and have 16 Gb internal memory.

Europe models are sold only in Europe and in many other countries, Brazil for instance; they come preloaded with Europe Life Time Maps and have 16 Gb internal memory.

World models are sold in various countries; they come with no preloaded maps, have 4 Gb internal memory and a white box packaging. They are less expensive than the other models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom