MP4 vs AVCHD

Mr K

Reaction score
Is it worth making movies and uploading to You tube in AVCHD as it seems the quality is reduced by the process, although the files are quite big?
There does not seem to be a great difference if I just use MP4.

I presume AVCHD works if displaying on a big TV, without uploading to Youtube or similar.

(Camera is a Sony HDR-CX405)

Ta in advance

:beerjug:

Third time out with the camera -some pretty cars and a glimpse of Northumberland....using AVCHD and Windows Movie Maker...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e9C0BPURMgA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:beerjug:

How did the original footage look before you did eny editing, because there apearse to be something the matter with the above clip, its stutering very quickly, not smooth if you will.

How did the original footage look before you did eny editing, because there apearse to be something the matter with the above clip, its stutering very quickly, not smooth if you will.
It all stutters on my desktop PC which has a very old graphics card, but is fine on my new laptop - It was worrying at first as I use the PC (which has new solid state drives) for editing and uploading. I need to invest in a new graphics card for the PC - By old I mean about 7 years old.
...unless anyone else sees the stuttering....

:nenau

Back
Top Bottom