Navigator VI and Garmin Virb XE Camera

Confirmed :(

OBD2 data does not work with my 2015 S1000R or 2016 R1200GS but does work fine with my 2013 Mazda 6. I used a OBDlink MX and the rebadged Garmin version of the same device.

Worth trying a cheap chinese module. I initially brought the OBDLink MX and it did work but only very intermittently. The cheap Chinese one has worked flawlessly so far on mine!

For less than a fiver it's got to be worth a punt!

Worth trying a cheap chinese module. I initially brought the OBDLink MX and it did work but only very intermittently. The cheap Chinese one has worked flawlessly so far on mine!

For less than a fiver it's got to be worth a punt!

Yeah, my cheap OBD2 bluetooth reader off Amazon cost £11 and works every time.

I've noticed some (but not all) of the 10-pin to ODBII cables have an additional tail for what looks like power input.

Does than mean the 10pin socket does not provide any power output? That could explain the bluetooth OBDII dongle not working!?:nenau

55cb0aab3f521f8ee5b912d46dc9dde8.jpg

Gorge du Guil

I've posted this in the ride report section but thought I'd link it here too for the VIRB fans.

I stripped off most of the G-metrix info as it detracted from the amazing road and views! This has got to be my all time best early morning ride ever. I had a grin from ear to ear the whole way.:D

Okay so here goes.......

Have fitted my Virb XE to my 2016 GS Triple Black.
Connected a round OBD (BMW end) to standard OBD extension cable.
Fitted a cheapy Bluetooth OBD Reader as per Warlords.
Managed eventually to get the Virb XE to see the reader and is now connected to it.

I have run the bike in the garage admittedly and then downloaded the video which is fine but I can't find the additional G-Metrix Data which should have come from the reader so I am not sure if the reader is sending any data to the XE.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Okay so here goes.......

Have fitted my Virb XE to my 2016 GS Triple Black.
Connected a round OBD (BMW end) to standard OBD extension cable.
Fitted a cheapy Bluetooth OBD Reader as per Warlords.
Managed eventually to get the Virb XE to see the reader and is now connected to it.

I have run the bike in the garage admittedly and then downloaded the video which is fine but I can't find the additional G-Metrix Data which should have come from the reader so I am not sure if the reader is sending any data to the XE.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Look at my post a few above and confirmed not to work on the round plug bikes

I have a friend who is a BMW trained technician and he works for himself now, he has got the latest diagnostic equipment and I am going to seek his advice about the problem with the round plug bikes not communicating. It could be possible to buzz out his cable and make one to suit the round plug type bikes?

Watch this space ;)

I have a friend who is a BMW trained technician and he works for himself now, he has got the latest diagnostic equipment and I am going to seek his advice about the problem with the round plug bikes not communicating. It could be possible to buzz out his cable and make one to suit the round plug type bikes?

Watch this space ;)

Good man.

That would be helpful :)

Popping up to see my friend tomorrow and he is aware of the problems particularly with the round plugged bikes communicating with readers and assures me that his conversion lead works so I will take my multimeter with me and buzz out both cables.

Hi everyone,

Well I went up to see my friend and unfortunately his cable doesn't fit the ten pin diagnostic port on my bike, so we had to give up :blast

However, I am currently in conversation with HEX.com who have advised me that they are bringing out a cable/adaptor to fit the 10 pin connectors on older bikes, they are going to send me connection details and I am going to attempt to modify a cheap Chinese cable that I have got.

I have also found out that there might be the possibility that the Protocol (Language) being used by the older bikes will only work with OEM diagnostic readers hence the reason my generic reader powers up but doesn't send any data to the Virb.

Again watch this space.

Oh by the way.......

For those of you that are concerned about the fact that most readers stay powered up when left connected to the diagnostic port I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-OB...d=182813845441&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Using the free Garmin Virb video editing software, can you add video from another source such as video from a Drift Ghost 4k? (I assume there's no proprietary Garmin video format)

Warlord, you mentioned a post that "...seem to remember there being a G-Force (write protect) system in place, whereby the camera automatically saves that file and moves onto a new file after a significant G-Force is noted. Like a slamdown, or sudden stop." Does it have this?

So the consensus would be that no telemetry data can be used at the moment for a 2014 GSA LC?

Using the free Garmin Virb video editing software, can you add video from another source such as video from a Drift Ghost 4k? (I assume there's no proprietary Garmin video format)

Warlord, you mentioned a post that "...seem to remember there being a G-Force (write protect) system in place, whereby the camera automatically saves that file and moves onto a new file after a significant G-Force is noted. Like a slamdown, or sudden stop." Does it have this?

So the consensus would be that no telemetry data can be used at the moment for a 2014 GSA LC?

Correct

Back
Top Bottom