Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Navigator VI and Garmin Virb XE Camera

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Wow, and I've just spent £70 on the OBDlink MX version. Haha.

Thanks for the info. I'll just use my MX for service light resets and my cars then.

At least now you have the extension lead, you can easily unplug the cheapy OBD2 reader when you dont want it on Standby

the MX may be fine, and my LX may work properly with a firmware change hopefully. Otherwise as you say service light reset on the cars!

its a shame the cheap one doesn't have the LED's on the end like the LX/MX as I could check them without having to take the seat off.

Hi,

So been tricking around trying to get everything to work and am getting there slowly but surely. Here's s link to a clip of what I've been able to do so far.

Getting certainly done of the info from the OBDII now and the gushes/readouts across the bottom of the screen appeared automatically.

https://youtu.be/nl3RFKJwkig

There's a couple of the guages not showing any readings, not sure if this is normal or because I'm not getting a full read out from the OBDII but in the Data tab in the Virb Edit software there doesn't appear to be any listings for the these.

Warlord I notice you have time and date on your videos, how do you get that to display.

Happy with the Burns and video so far, just need to get a bit more time to sort out the guages and improve the look/layout and save as a template.

Be great if there was a wider library of templates somewhere that you could just import.

Be grateful for any comments, advice or input.

Regards
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Another video from today's ride around Derbyshire in England.

Narrow lanes, through a river, cattle grids... nothing taxing and just for fun.
    Question: Why does the speedo in on the screen in the clip attached to this post max out st 60 mph? What happens if you hit 61 or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Question: Why does the speedo in on the screen in the clip attached to this post max out st 60 mph? What happens if you hit 61 or more?
    The speedo and revs guages all automatically calibrate based on the maximum readings in the Telemetry data for that particular video clip.

If I had been on a race track doing 180mph and 15,000 rpm, the guages would recalibrate to show that.

Time and Date are in your gauges drop down options

I am still following this and have now just received a second camera. One thing I have noticed is that the battery life when the camera is sitting is not to good, battery dies even when the camera is off. My thoughts are that since I have it set to auto start the GPS is running in background and uses up the battery. As I don't ride daily this may turn out to be an issue, I want to use the cameras as front and rear crash cams.

I have also just received the Hex ezCan and will get that wired in, I had two USB ports directly wired and this was a battery drain issue even with the Virb removed , I am thinking to program the USB ports for 30 minutes after ignition off, although I have no idea about Hex Can program at present.

The speedo and revs guages all automatically calibrate based on the maximum readings in the Telemetry data for that particular video clip.

If I had been on a race track doing 180mph and 15,000 rpm, the guages would recalibrate to show that.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey View Post
    Hi,

There's a couple of the guages not showing any readings, not sure if this is normal or because I'm not getting a full read out from the OBDII but in the Data tab in the Virb Edit software there doesn't appear to be any listings for the these.

B
    The info you will get from the OBDII sensors are:

Engine Load
    Coolant Temperature
    Engine RPM
    Vehicle Speed
    Intake Air Temperature
    Throttle Position

It would be nice if there was a few more, like torque for example but that seems to be it.

i'm still playing with the gauge arrangements, i've added in the Brake/ Acceleration bar gauge (under Motion | Acceleration) which works nicely. The ones measured in G force are useless though as it will be very rare if they ever move off zero G.

Last edited by Boshman; 18-08-17 at 10:29. Reason: added video

Quote Originally Posted by Boshman View Post
    The info you will get from the OBDII sensors are:

Engine Load
    Coolant Temperature
    Engine RPM
    Vehicle Speed
    Intake Air Temperature
    Throttle Position
    If you lower your camera viewing angle slightly, you'll have less 'bright sky' and more road. The darker areas will then be brighter.

If you lower your camera viewing angle slightly, you'll have less 'bright sky' and more road. The darker areas will then be brighter.
    Good call, I will do that

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718