BMW System 7 helmet

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just back from trying on the new Schuberth C4. What a disappointment! Maybe I have an odd shaped head but the fit was simply not what I expected. I have a Schubert M1 which fits superbly. Trying the same size in the C4 completely different feel. The whole helmet feels smaller on my head. Opening the front part was cumbersome and with the chin guard now much closer to my chi it al feels far too compact and tight. No doubt the helmet is a great build and the quality is definitely there but not for me.
Now I am really annoyed. The main reason for going for the new C4 was the brilliant new built in communications.

On Thursday I will try out the BMW system 7 helmet which despite coming out of the same Schubert factory is a completely different animal,m or so I have been told. I have been advised that the helmet fits better than the Schubert's do in general.
As to inbuilt comms I am a bit worried these are something limited to BMW only in that they don't communicate with other GPS units or other non BMW system users.

Anyone who has one can offer any advice? Should I go for a retro fitted SENA system?
Which is best compatible. I have always had issue with the retro fits especially boom mic's. /again the main reason to go fo the Schuberth. All a bit of a dilemma really.

Thanks for the write up as I'm also looking at these 2 lids. As far as I'm aware the system7 is no longer made by Schuberth. Some have said agv but someone who works for motorrad told me BMW were making it themselves.

C4 isn't a replacement for the C3 Pro it is more of a high end flip front sports helmet with the ability to incorporate built in comms systems so it may account for the difference in fit.

The new System 7 is definitely not made by Schuberth as BMW and Schuberth have apparently parted their ways , the System 7 is allegedly designed in house by BMW in co-operation with either A.N. Other European helmet manufacturer or LS2 a Chinese manufacturer (depends on which report you read or who you speak to) but it is being produced by LS2 in China.

After a chat with the Schuberth rep last week my eventual replacement for my C3 Pro may end up being an E1 running a C3 visor and with the peak removed.......... should look like a flip front streetfigher helmet

What's the difference between the E1 and the C3 visor??

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Same for me

Hi

I tried on the E1 today- i do have a massive head - was really uncomfortable straight away - couldn't wait to get off

Just waiting for Bahnstormers to get the XXL red white and blue system 7 to try on - which is the one i really want - those who have massive heads have to wait until next month to order !!!!

I tried on an XXL Shoei Neotec - and this fitted beautifully straight away but they only do them in plain colours

Helmet sizes are weird, pretty much every helmet i have tried has felt different

Anyone else tried a system 7 yet ?

Hi

I tried on the E1 today- i do have a massive head - was really uncomfortable straight away - couldn't wait to get off

Just waiting for Bahnstormers to get the XXL red white and blue system 7 to try on - which is the one i really want - those who have massive heads have to wait until next month to order !!!!

I tried on an XXL Shoei Neotec - and this fitted beautifully straight away but they only do them in plain colours

Helmet sizes are weird, pretty much every helmet i have tried has felt different

Anyone else tried a system 7 yet ?

The neotech is Available in a coup,e different patterns now as well as plain colours

What's the difference between the E1 and the C3 visor??

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

The E1 visor has two large holes where the pivots for the external peak are attached , if the peak is removed the two holes will cause excessive noise, the C3/C3 Pro visor is identical in shape and fit but hasn't got theses two holes and is a flush fit and therefore quieter and looks better.

The E1 visor has two large holes where the pivots for the external peak are attached , if the peak is removed the two holes will cause excessive noise, the C3/C3 Pro visor is identical in shape and fit but hasn't got theses two holes and is a flush fit and therefore quieter and looks better.
Ah yes...... that makes sense.

Cheers.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Just back from trying on the new Schuberth C4. What a disappointment! Maybe I have an odd shaped head but the fit was simply not what I expected. I have a Schubert M1 which fits superbly. Trying the same size in the C4 completely different feel. The whole helmet feels smaller on my head. Opening the front part was cumbersome and with the chin guard now much closer to my chi it al feels far too compact and tight. No doubt the helmet is a great build and the quality is definitely there but not for me.
Now I am really annoyed. The main reason for going for the new C4 was the brilliant new built in communications.

On Thursday I will try out the BMW system 7 helmet which despite coming out of the same Schubert factory is a completely different animal,m or so I have been told. I have been advised that the helmet fits better than the Schubert's do in general.
As to inbuilt comms I am a bit worried these are something limited to BMW only in that they don't communicate with other GPS units or other non BMW system users.

Anyone who has one can offer any advice? Should I go for a retro fitted SENA system?
Which is best compatible. I have always had issue with the retro fits especially boom mic's. /again the main reason to go fo the Schuberth. All a bit of a dilemma really.

Hi all!

I have to say time for a big apology and time to eat my own words!
Above is not correct. I was in Germany yesterday and dropped into a Dealer to look for the new BMW helmet. They also had all sizes of the C4 as well.
I tried on the C4 again but is a size bigger and guess what - perfect fit!
Seems that the size form of the new C4 is considerably different from other Schuberth helmets. I actually tried on a size bigger in the C3 pro and it was totally loose. This is what lead me to the above conclusion. Yesterday I tried on a size bigger in the C4 and perfect fit.
Also strange is my M1 is a size smaller than what I would buy the C4 in..... all strange.
Decision - I will go for the C4. Moral of the story. Make sure you fit the damn thing properly before making a choice!

By the way the dealer told me the System 7 is only out in Germany in June.

Back
Top Bottom