Tyre mileage

Bike suppiled with anakee 3's , first rear tyre written off with a puncture and 5 or 600 miles , second one lasted 1200 miles before the same fate, they were the noisiest tyres I have ever ridden on and crap in cold damp weather so were replaced at 6500 miles .

After reading everyones recommendation went for Pilot Road trail 4's .............they lasted for 6000 miles but to be honest I found them noisy (not as bad as the Anakees ) but not an inspiring tyre.

Replaced them with Avon Trailriders earlier this year and what a revelation , nice and quiet, excellent wet weather grip and decent wear rates . After 3000 miles the rear is about half worn (hasn't squared off ) and the front barely worn .

For purely road based work a couple of friends have gone over to the new Avon Spirit ST (one on a Tiger 1050 Sport and the other a GS LC) and they absolutely love them

I'm on continental Trail Attack 2 and bike so far has done 6200 from new with them on. I've got max another 1000 in the rear and probably 2000 in the front. Not bad but had better.

Next tyre for me is Metz Roadtech 01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On first set of A40's. Rear now squaring off a bit but has done 8500 miles in all weathers. Including a 2 up 10 day tour of Scotland and a solo tour of Wales. Very happy with the tyres. Will et them again.

Mine came with A3s shot at 6000 now on tkc70, jury is still out at the moment, but they are getting better, mega deep tread and dual compound so I expect more the 8000 out of them.

So has anyone done any distance yet on the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2's ?

look impressive tyres

Brilliant tyres. Have just finished off my 2nd set after 10.5k miles. So 5k per set is excellent considering the grip and handling in the wet and dry. Will get a 3rd set as they are also 25% cheaper than Roadtecs, and I'm happy running the ScorpionT2 to the edges.

I had Pirelli Scorpion trail on a 1200mts. 1st gen tyre. Handling was outstanding wet or dry, front ended up badly scalloped by 2000miles and so far gone the pair needed changed at 2700miles. To be fair though a big chunk of wear and damage was due to Scottish abrasive roads and an issue with front end set up on the Duke.
Would certainly consider the Scorpion 2 in future, but I also like Roadsmart 3s...

Have found the ST2s to wear evenly with no scalloping. I never tried the 1st generation, but all reviews/accounts have said the ST2 is a significant upgrade/improvement. I was considering the RoadTec01, but they are on a very lengthy backorder, and the significant price differential doesn't warrant it when it's possible to run the ST2s to the edge without any issues, and the handling and grip in the wet is outstanding. I really rate these as a great all round tyre for the GS.

I wasn't keen on the RoadSmart 2 because of overly stiff sidewalls, but maybe the RoadSmart3 is an improvement. They didn't fair that well, however, in comparison tests.

My Anakee 3's are still good after 4/5000 miles ...dependent on many factors I guess !
I do like them .....PR4's on my old kawasaki and THEY were brill. :thumb2

@Spareparts

I take all the comparison tests with a pinch of salt these days. When looking a bit deeper at how tests have been conducted it often throws up shall I say 'unusual' conditions/bike combinations or even 'settings'. Example would be recent MCN test where a R1200s was run in rain mode. Why? What is the relevance to realy testing a tyre this way...?

Back
Top Bottom