Tyre mileage

Bake

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What sort of mileage are people getting out of the standard fitment Anekee 3 please, im wondering if I need to change before a trip in June, currently have just over 2000 miles and squaring off already
Thanks in advance:thumb2

I have 2500 and will look to change to pr4 gt within 2000 if they last that long squareing off a bit to quick for my liking

Currently done 5600 on mine, rear is squaring off due to a 2 up ride to Scotland with about 4mm left on both, but it will depend on how you ride as to how long they will last

9k from trail attack 2, that was on a ktm super adventure. As soon as these Anakees are done on the GSA contis are going straight on.

Currently done 5600 on mine, rear is squaring off due to a 2 up ride to Scotland with about 4mm left on both, but it will depend on how you ride as to how long they will last

I ride within the limits but spirited on occasions

I have 2500 and will look to change to pr4 gt within 2000 if they last that long squareing off a bit to quick for my liking

If between 4500 / 5000 looks like ill be changing before i go

9k from trail attack 2, that was on a ktm super adventure. As soon as these Anakees are done on the GSA contis are going straight on.

I had the Trail attack 2's on my TC and rated them on that

Although the rear started squaring off at around 2000 miles I mated 6000miles before replacing it. Front still looks good for a few miles yet.

Ironically was looking at mine today. Just coming up to 6K. Loads of tread depth left front and rear. Rear is squaring off. I was sweating a bit last summer at 3K particularly at the back prior to a 2K Austrian trip 2 up. Need not have worried. Presumably as the tyre squares off the load is spread and the wear rate decreases.

However its being traded in against a triple black in a couple of weeks so that's saved me having to change them for a while. Man maths at play.:thumb

I had the Trail attack 2's on my TC and rated them on that

I feel confident on my TA2's got them swapped out from new before I even collected the bike. Anakee 3' gathering dust right now. I've previously run Metz Torrance next on my last GS got 10k out of rear before I sold it and I was adamant there was another 2-3k in it. Front was half worn. Not bad I say. Expecting to get 9-10k out of Conti TA2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the more worn the tyre the less it seems to wear per mile. I debated changing my rear before going on a 2k trip last year because there wasn't much left on it. In the end I didn't and got home with some left.

Thanks for all the replies chaps, think I'll be pricing some alternative tyres in the morning........... now there's a task! What to go for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gout about 5500 out on my batalax A 40 Good in the wet.

I was thinking of asking the same question on here as I road back from Wales this afternoon. Up to 7,200 on the Anakee 3's and they still look ok. Haven't measured tread depth but they are far from chronic. I would guess 4mm left. The rear has squared off but it still handles well. Will be replacing them in the next few weeks as I have a 2k mile trip to Scotland planned in June and want to do that on nice new rubber. Was thinking Avon Trailriders next but saw a LC triple black at Corley services today on Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2's. They looked nice and I've had Pirellis in the past on other bikes and they've always been a great road tire. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over 8000 miles on the rear GSLC with Conti Trial Attack 2
Very happy & minimal tyre noise.
Reasonable grip & didn't square off till close to 7000 miles

I've been running Anakee 3 for the last 3 years l changed the first set at 11k before a 2k trip to Spain the in Sept 2015 but l then brought a new bike for the trip this bike has done 10k and I'm still on the same set of tyres. Both tyres are squared off and l reckon l could get another 2k out of the tyres.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

My TC came with Conti trail on in 2012, and I rated them, bought a WC in 2015 and it came with Anakee 3s on lasted 8000 miles, changed them for Conti trail 2s and love um!.

What am i doing wrong ?? My Anakee 3s had to get changed at 2600,sqared off and in the opinion of the fitter , a couple of hundred miles past illegal. How the hell are some of you getting 3 or 4 times that amount ???12000 miles last year on my last gs and between Anakee, pilot 4 and metzeler next i was into my 4th set

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

What am i doing wrong ?? My Anakee 3s had to get changed at 2600,sqared off and in the opinion of the fitter , a couple of hundred miles past illegal. How the hell are some of you getting 3 or 4 times that amount ???12000 miles last year on my last gs and between Anakee, pilot 4 and metzeler next i was into my 4th set

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

It is worrying, isn't it. I worry about how much money I could save if I got three times the life out of my tyres but didn't have any FUN doing it. :D

Back
Top Bottom