Tyre mileage

I am lucky to get 5000 miles out of a rear I did manage 6000 out of the Avon Trailriders generally I get two rears to one front
So 5 to 6000 rear and 10 to 12000 rears.

For me the Anakee square off quickly. The Avons are the longer lasting that I've tried so far and the conti attack seem to hold their shape till worn.

I can't imagine how people are managing over 8000 out of a rear, well I can but :moped:

Terry

So has anyone done any distance yet on the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2's ?

look impressive tyres
I found the front wore out as quick if not quicker than the rear.
Great grip and lovely feel but wore a little unevenly and when they came off the bike...... what was left felt very light and fragile.

Think I got about 4000 miles from them on my Hexhead GSA.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Got 12k km mileage on Anakee 3 from factory. Changed it due to uneven wear on front tyre. Next was PR 4 trail. Used it for about 14k km. Changed it to Roadtec 01 for incoming trip. Now about 9k km on Roadtec. Best tyre for dry and wet...

What am i doing wrong ?? My Anakee 3s had to get changed at 2600,sqared off and in the opinion of the fitter , a couple of hundred miles past illegal. How the hell are some of you getting 3 or 4 times that amount ???12000 miles last year on my last gs and between Anakee, pilot 4 and metzeler next i was into my 4th set

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Nope.... My experience is similar to yours. The A3 grip well in all conditions , but the back is illegal by 4200 miles.

The annakees were ok, got 4500 mls rear, went to pr4 better all around , but severe cupping on the rear at the sides and 3600 mls found both noisy, got 2 rears to a front,
Going by the reviews tried the Trailriders, not done much wet riding, but they are the best tyres i have had on a gs, smoother on poor roads {less twitchy} and quiet ride,
Roamer

Got 4500 out of front and rear Anakee 3's and they were shot, front right shoulder more than left.

Now on PR4's trial and had a puncture on the rear already, read another post moaning about punctures thought its just chance but now not so sure.

they were shot, front right shoulder more than left.
They all do that, sir. Every front tyre on every bike I've had has always been flat on the RH side before the centre or LH side. The centre can measure legal when the RH side isn't.

I'm going to mount my next front tyre the wrong way round, to see what happens.

They all do that, sir. Every front tyre on every bike I've had has always been flat on the RH side before the centre or LH side. The centre can measure legal when the RH side isn't.

I'm going to mount my next front tyre the wrong way round, to see what happens.

This is because we drive on the left and is related to the distance travelled around right hand bends compared to left. It is opposite in countries that drive on the right. Some might quote camber as the issue but this appears not to be the case. There is info out there on the phenomenon.

California Miles

What sort of mileage are people getting out of the standard fitment Anekee 3 please, im wondering if I need to change before a trip in June, currently have just over 2000 miles and squaring off already
Thanks in advance:thumb2

I have 7200 miles on my A3's and just ordered their replacements. Really squared off on the rear tire and less apparent on the front. Still have measurable tread.

This is because we drive on the left and is related to the distance travelled around right hand bends compared to left. It is opposite in countries that drive on the right. Some might quote camber as the issue but this appears not to be the case. There is info out there on the phenomenon.

Yup, with some rough calcs I did years ago I reckoned a tyre (in the UK) does about twice the miles doing RH bands than it does LH.

Twin cam gs ,tourance next,rear ,3500/4000 at a push front 5000,

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Second set of battlax A40 fitted to lc gsa,i like them,good grip dry and wet, 5000 miles out of rear,bit squared off but still felt ok

Dave:thumb

I've done 5300 that's wales cross country weekend 10 days around Europe smugglers route/tunnel du papillon was goin Cornwall to finish off! But got a nail in rear but is on on wear markers so in bin it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my pal both run off Anakee 3 rear after 3,500 miles, 1,500 of which were in South of France (bikes transported via Bikeshuttle, not ridden) , we thought the 34 deg had softened the tyres, but now I reckon they just don't have the miles in them, we both put fresh Anakee on the rear till front and rear done then change to something with a bit mileage in them, bikes are LC GS & GSA

Battleaxe A40 are brilliant tyres. Just clocked 3k on them and the rear is still good. I will be amazed if I do not achieve 6k.

Oh and feedback and grip in the dry and rain are good

Back
Top Bottom