I'm impressed

Now up to 800 miles, first service booked for Saturday.

I've just spent 3 days on the bike in the West Country, and have loved every minute of it. No, it's not as quick as my XR at full chat, but you can take this bike down any road, at any speed, and it just takes everything in its stride.

I'm looking forward to sticking loads of miles on this bike. Happy days.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_6248.jpg
    IMG_6248.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 549
I've regularly had 2 cases of beer on my GSA - so you're not exactly "selling-it".......... :rolleyes:

I believe you're underestimating the trickiness of the cargo.

Difficult things to carry without damage, pizzas, once they get too big for the top box.

Point is moot anyway, as it's not for sale :)

I once carried an I phone ... and a disc lock, together in a top box .... down a byway ..... :blast

:D

I see what you did there. Did the disk lock run up a huge phone bill? :drums

You know when you clean a cement mixer at the end of the day with a couple of house bricks ..... !!

Looks good with a few real world miles on it dude. I tested one of those and the 1090 Adventure on Saturday with a friend, (InMoto demos) switching between the bikes at the turnaround point. Unfortunately, the 1290 S had a weird fuelling problem (felt like it was running out of fuel) and was running very rough, so we couldn't give it the beans or experience what it is really like. The 'pure and simple' 1090 was running as it should do and was an absolute DELIGHT! I loved it. Noticeably lighter than the 1290 and great fun. Obviously, I would have liked the extra power of the 1290, but with the same bhp as my GSA LC, but about 55 kilos lighter, it felt properly lively and was great fun. I would like to re-test the 1290, but I am already quite tempted by the 1090 and I like it's purity. Would just need a ergo/comfort seat. The only thing I would miss is cruise control (and to a lesser extent shaft drive). The 1290 is probably the way to go for most people, but I was properly impressed by the 1090. Reminded me of the first time I rode a 990 SMT when they were first on the scene. :)

Does anyone know if the S is meant to come with the flashing rear brake light, under emergency braking? My mate following the other day said that it didn't flash, when I tried a few times the other day.

Does anyone know if the S is meant to come with the flashing rear brake light, under emergency braking? My mate following the other day said that it didn't flash, when I tried a few times the other day.
Don't brake until you see the face of god, then you'll brake hard enough to know if you have a flashing one or not :cool:

Your mate wasn't called Leon Haslam was he :blast

Not heard that the new KTM's have this - think that is just a BMW feature.

Not heard that the new KTM's have this - think that is just a BMW feature.

Didn't the 1190 have it? I seem to remember riding spiritedly with one once, and the brake light was flashing rapidly a couple of times under hard braking.

Feck me, Haslam was lucky he didn't get collected by his own biker there .... :eek:

I guess the one advantage to coming off on a fast bit of the track was his high speed sliding away from the bike, watching it yesterday I was convinced the bike was going to land on him.

Flashing rear light was an option on 1190's I believe? Along with self cancelling indicators ~ both needed a software update/activation by the dealer.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom