Spoked wheels - rim cross section?

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have some wheels (without tyres on) that they could get some dimensions of for me. I'm checking the in-tyre tpms sensor will fit into the channel inside the rim. Also, I think there might be a difference in the channel dim for front and rear wheels. So looking for both

See sketch below, it might explain better.

TPMS - Rim cross section_0(1).jpg

Nice hand writing Slipperyeel.

Can't help with the dims that you require though, sorry :D

Have a word with Mike O. Pretty sure he has some fitted. Not sure what make though. They are on an 1150 I know that much. :thumb2

Thanks for the suggestion Udders. If I can't get a dim, I might pester Mike.

Meanwhile, I think I've found an answer for the the rear wheel (ie. The sensor should fit Ok). See below.

So now really need that dim for the front wheel. Anyone?

1c88db088357d3f999e11d1ebfe4ebff.jpg

I have both my wheels stripped at the moment, but I'm in Cape Town and they are in Pretoria.
I'll be back on Saturday if you havent got your answers by then.

Hoping for sooner, but good to know you're able to get something to me. The sensor unit is 22mm wide. My hope is there will be sufficient room for it to sit flush against the rim rather than straddling the rads on each side (worse, not fitting at all!).

Hello Beebop , looks like I'll need your help on this one. All quiet over here.

Grateful if you were able to get a dimension for the front rim recess

19mm on the front wheel. The tips of the Vernier did not go all the way in, this measurement I believe is pretty accurate

19mm on the front wheel. The tips of the Vernier did not go all the way in, this measurement I believe is pretty accurate
Thanks Mr. That sounds too narrow to fit the sensor I'm looking at

Just to check I've understood, you think the channel running in the centre of the rim is 19mm wide OR that's the flat are before the rads start? I guess the former, just checking!

19mm is the dim's width measurement, i.e the channel running in the centre. The rads starts tapering on either side after that. Hope that helps...

19mm is the dim's width measurement, i.e the channel running in the centre. The rads starts tapering on either side after that. Hope that helps...
You're a star. Many thanks.

I'm going to talk to the outfit selling the gear to see if they can program a more suitable sensor for the display unit.

Thanks to Mikeyboy too for getting back to me via pm

When/if I get this fixed I'll share the solution on here. May be of interest.

Back
Top Bottom