Breakout or Low Rider S

STOP THE FUCKING BUS.............and he's kept it quiet........ from us......... FFS what is the world coming to.........

He may have felt humiliated...shamed even. He may have felt there may be some gentle ribbing coming his way.

I was out on the "wrong" KTM last night over the South Downs....... I have realised that it is plenty fast enough for me - both in terms of licence and my ability to actually keep it between the hedges. - so, I declare it's the "right" KTM for me......

Tricky however, does have the "wrong" Harley.... in fact two of them - he should have kept that lovely Slim, the only Softail worth having........

Which "wrong" KTM do you have?
I thinking of changing my 525EXC RFS for a bigger model.

You need a 1290 SuperDuke. I may just know where there is a cracker.

Yes I like it. It was an itch that needed scratching. I scratched it. I want to get back to being a one bike kind of guy. The Superduke is not really an only bike proposition (for me) in all honesty.

See here:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...m_medium=Email&utm_campaign=POLA_Bike_Ad_Live

It looks the business!!!!
I'd say it's too much bike for me now - what a sad admission of age!
I was thinking 690 / 990 / 1190 (suitable for an Iceland trip) as the 525EXC doesn't get used much and certainly not as it's meant to be.
First things first though; I need to sell my wife's GS and find a job somewhere (redundancy)!

I Have the KTM 1050 Adventure - the 1190/1290 boys like to refer to it as the "wrong" KTM......... I don't do the whole EXC thing - the KTM 1050 replaced my ageing R1100GS..

It looks the business!!!!
I'd say it's too much bike for me now - what a sad admission of age!
I was thinking 690 / 990 / 1190 (suitable for an Iceland trip) as the 525EXC doesn't get used much and certainly not as it's meant to be.
First things first though; I need to sell my wife's GS and find a job somewhere (redundancy)!

It is an amazing bit of kit and certainly more than I need also. I'm not really a speed demon but it does tend to bring out the inner hooligan. 0-three figure speeds in under 6 secs is quite intoxicating but it feels like I am forever just evading capture when riding it. Only a matter of time in reality what with more and more stringent fines etc. It's also a bit much for my creaky joints for long days in the saddle to be honest.

Good luck in the job search.

I Have the KTM 1050 Adventure - the 1190/1290 boys like to refer to it as the "wrong" KTM......... I don't do the whole EXC thing - the KTM 1050 replaced my ageing R1100GS..

Do you like it / rate it?

I'm considering not doing the EXC thing anymore too!

Lets be serious now - I do like it, its "only" 95BHP ( The newer 1090 is the same engine with different Cams and ECU Mapping) the quality is great, it's light compared to a GS and handles well..... on the sort of roads I ride it's perfect.

They can still be had new for around £8k - and second hand ones are around the £7k mark... all in i'm happy enough ( for now)

Back
Top Bottom