Electronic display "Wobble"

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst out yesterday, my Temp gauge, Fuel gauge and gear position indicator stopped working (totally blank) Also, daft as it sounds, the clock "stopped".

I eventually disconnected the battery and reconnected it, and all seems ok again.

Is there any known reason for this, or is it just one of those thing, and don't worry about it ?

(The only thing I can think of that was slightly different in any way, was parking on a hill and leaving it in gear to stop it rolling off the sidestand. I then started it in gear with the clutch in......:nenau )

Do you have HID headlamps? Some people have experienced similar effects when the ballasts are fitted near the RID display...

Do you have HID headlamps? Some people have experienced similar effects when the ballasts are fitted near the RID display...

Thanks Mike, I have, but have had for the past 2 years or so with no problems. (But hey, I'm not ruling it out !!)

Thanks Mike, I have, but have had for the past 2 years or so with no problems. (But hey, I'm not ruling it out !!)

I seem to remember it was something to do with the shielding in the ballasts breaking down with age. Are they mounted close to the RID?

If you can't replicate the problem, I'd ignore it. If it happens regularly, try isolating the power to the headlamps and see if that cures it...

I seem to remember it was something to do with the shielding in the ballasts breaking down with age. Are they mounted close to the RID?

If you can't replicate the problem, I'd ignore it. If it happens regularly, try isolating the power to the headlamps and see if that cures it...

Thanks Mike, I'll have a look later

Back
Top Bottom