anybody got or had a gsxr 600 k3

aeronut7

Reaction score
ive had many bikes...many many bikes but never been interested in sportsbikes but.....
my son has just sold his bandit 1200 and got hold of a mint gsxr600 k3...
while searching around for one ive now kind of thought about getting one..im going to ride his on sunday.
ive sat on a few this week and didnt seem too uncomfortable for an overweight 5.10 52yr old...
i know itll hurt on longer trips but thats what the gs is for....ill not sell that...but the gsxr will be for ragging around chasing my son on..
i think the fastest bike ive owned is a suzuki rf900r....which when new i thought was the fastest thing on 2 wheels...
hows the gsxr going to compare to that.....
i reckon id even try a trackday ...something on my bucket list..i draw the line at buying a matching one piece power ranger outfit....like my idiot son is going to do.....
what do you all reckon.....

Solid bike as long as you don't mind keeping it singing the 600 is happiest in the higher rev range , great fun and more than agile enough as long as you don't mind having to keep it above 6k.
750 is well worth a squirt too , bit more grunt lower down.
Round a circuit with the same rider It would definitely be a fair bit quicker than the 900 or your GS , certainly noticeable .
cheap as chips as well

Solid bike as long as you don't mind keeping it singing the 600 is happiest in the higher rev range , great fun and more than agile enough as long as you don't mind having to keep it above 6k.
750 is well worth a squirt too , bit more grunt lower down.
Round a circuit with the same rider It would definitely be a fair bit quicker than the 900 or your GS , certainly noticeable .
cheap as chips as well

My son had a k2, it was a lovely bike, light agile, quick, and i did'nt find it uncomfortable. You have to work them hard to make em go, but it's well worth the effort. I can see a one piece leather in your future.:D

I had a 2001 k1 which is the same bike. Brilliant handling for the track very stable and forgiving. I had an ohlins triple clicker rear shock and k-tech fork compression adjusters on mine. Did about 25 track days and 33k on mine and it never missed a beat. Brakes fade on track though ok on road. I used EBC pads and dot 5.1 brake fluid to try and reduce the problem with limited success. Apparently the radial master cylinder from a later model really helps. One of the favourite bikes I owned.:)

Oh and in 2002 when I was doing lots of track days and 13k road miles I managed to get through 5 front and 6 rear Dunlop 207rr tyres :D

Back
Top Bottom