Can you lower a GSA

I have hyperpro springs on mine lowered it by 25mm and a better ride. They are available for basic and esa, gs and adventure versions from motorworks

not the best option since the GS shocks are rated for a much lower weight loading

Fair enough... I went the opposite way with ohlins.
Also with my pedant hat on....
Btw what should also be mentioned if lowering a gsa is the centre stand and side stands will have to changed too, including springs and associated parts.!!!:augie

The hyperpro springs are designed to work with the standard stands and sinks to the lower setting when you put your weight on the seat

Thanks guys this is the response I was looking for :D

Sorry I should have said new shape GSA (around 2016) rather than buy brand new.
I've been looking for a lowered bike but haven't found one I can try as they seem quite rare.
I would like to get my feet down comfortably as I did with my GS and I know I don't need a battle cruiser but I just want one :thumb2
Try giving Pidcocks a ring, they have sold loads of factory lowered GSA-LC's and may well have a used low bike in stock or one coming soon.
The factory low GSA is a superb machine, I ran one myself for a season.

Not looked where you are but Cotswolds had a LC factory lowered bike the other day! Ring them and ask for Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, yes I have called a couple of dealers that were advertising them but they were sold.
Had a chat with my local dealer yesterday who said they would do me a deal on a new one as apparently "it's a good time to buy" and lowered GSA are quite rare.
I'll keep looking and chat to my local dealer at the weekend to see what the deal is.

Many thanks to you all for your input, much appreciated :thumby:
JJ

I have just rang Pidcocks who are not far from you, on your behalf.
They have just got a 2016 16 plate ex-demo bike that is just about to be available, it is not on their website yet.
Its Red, Factory Lowered, 1,900 miles.
It sounds like it has got your name on it.
If you are interested ring Pidcocks now on 0115 946 2233 and ask for Mark.
Good luck :thumb2

I have just rang Pidcocks who are not far from you, on your behalf.
They have just got a 2016 16 plate ex-demo bike that is just about to be available, it is not on their website yet.
Its Red, Factory Lowered, 1,900 miles.
It sounds like it has got your name on it.
If you are interested ring Pidcocks now on 0115 946 2233 and ask for Mark.
Good luck :thumb2

Thanks Batman I'm going to have a look tomorrow :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom