Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you lower a GSA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Here you can see all the available seat heights in millimetres.

Scroll down & click "Overview of all seats"
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

The tank panel is wrapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ's GS View Post
    Very nice
    Really like the black top box and have you painted the tank panels or is it wrapped?

Bear in mind that selecting the ESA two-up preload jacks the seat height up a couple of inches. I'm comfortable with my standard GS on the solo setting with a 30" inside leg, but it's sometimes a bit nerve wracking two-up if I stop on a steep camber etc.
    Steve

2006 K1200S > 2009 R1200GS MU > 2012 R1200RT SE > 2014 R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Bear in mind that selecting the ESA two-up preload jacks the seat height up a couple of inches. I'm comfortable with my standard GS on the solo setting with a 30" inside leg, but it's sometimes a bit nerve wracking two-up if I stop on a steep camber etc.
    Well in theory it is only counteracting the additional compression caused by the weight of a pillion, though how close it gets back to normal depends on how close the real pillion's weight is to BMW's estimate. Of course if you choose this setting without a pillion actually on board you could find your feet being lifted off the ground! The latest bikes don't have this issue because the suspension preload (when set on auto) makes the bike self-levelling, applying only enough preload to bring the bike back to a level stance if additional weight is added.

I have hyperpro springs on mine lowered it by 25mm and a better ride. They are available for basic and esa, gs and adventure versions from motorworks

Quote Originally Posted by karlp View Post
    not the best option since the GS shocks are rated for a much lower weight loading
    Fair enough... I went the opposite way with ohlins.
    Also with my pedant hat on....
    Btw what should also be mentioned if lowering a gsa is the centre stand and side stands will have to changed too, including springs and associated parts.!!!

The hyperpro springs are designed to work with the standard stands and sinks to the lower setting when you put your weight on the seat

Quote Originally Posted by JJ's GS View Post
    Thanks guys this is the response I was looking for

Sorry I should have said new shape GSA (around 2016) rather than buy brand new.
    I've been looking for a lowered bike but haven't found one I can try as they seem quite rare.
    I would like to get my feet down comfortably as I did with my GS and I know I don't need a battle cruiser but I just want one
    Try giving Pidcocks a ring, they have sold loads of factory lowered GSA-LC's and may well have a used low bike in stock or one coming soon.
    The factory low GSA is a superb machine, I ran one myself for a season.

Not looked where you are but Cotswolds had a LC factory lowered bike the other day! Ring them and ask for Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, yes I have called a couple of dealers that were advertising them but they were sold.
    Had a chat with my local dealer yesterday who said they would do me a deal on a new one as apparently "it's a good time to buy" and lowered GSA are quite rare.
    I'll keep looking and chat to my local dealer at the weekend to see what the deal is.

Many thanks to you all for your input, much appreciated
    JJ

JJ

I have just rang Pidcocks who are not far from you, on your behalf.
    They have just got a 2016 16 plate ex-demo bike that is just about to be available, it is not on their website yet.
    Its Red, Factory Lowered, 1,900 miles.
    It sounds like it has got your name on it.
    If you are interested ring Pidcocks now on 0115 946 2233 and ask for Mark.
    Good luck

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie Allen View Post
    Here you go , My GSA lowered, with wilbur shocks, By the guys advertising on this forum REVS, excellent service and it will be a keeper.
    Crikey, it still looks like you'll have trouble getting your feet on the floor

I was waiting for something like that . Its the grandson , starting him early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Crikey, it still looks like you'll have trouble getting your feet on the floor

Am a little surprise no one has suggested one of these yet....

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/BMW-R-12...dventure-42063

Maybe I've just go too much time on my hands....

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
    I have just rang Pidcocks who are not far from you, on your behalf.
    They have just got a 2016 16 plate ex-demo bike that is just about to be available, it is not on their website yet.
    Its Red, Factory Lowered, 1,900 miles.
    It sounds like it has got your name on it.
    If you are interested ring Pidcocks now on 0115 946 2233 and ask for Mark.
    Good luck
    Thanks Batman I'm going to have a look tomorrow

JJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12