gs 1200 buffeting

rubber

Reaction score
just got new gs 1200 and getting a lot of buffeting, just like my last bike - 2006 gs 1200. Any recommendations for a solution other than buying my way through 10 different aftermarket screens? I'm 6ft 1" tall.

did you try different hights? JJH

Yes
he has tried being 5' 8" at some point ! :D

The solution is not alweays different screens but the height at which set as it is the turbulant air that flows over and then swirls round that causes the issue

A lip thing on the top edge often is the best solution

Givi AF330 screen. I'm same height as you and suffered from buffeting with the standard screen. Did my research, opted for a Givi AF330 screen. Vast vast improvement. So much so that I spent a lot of my ridding with my clear visor up and just use the internal sun visor.

i have just fitted a MRA extension (with clamps, so it can be removed) onto my original BMW screen (GSA 2016) and it has transformed the ride for me. I am 6ft tall. this has allowed me to vary the screen height, and two angles on the extension.... allowing for perfect blend of air and protection... might not work for all though. but, the Adventure Bike Shop in Suffolk had a 'demonstrator' which they fitted to my bike and allowed to test it on the road. if you can get the opportunity to try before you buy, i would recommend it.
:beerjug::thumby:

i have just fitted a MRA extension (with clamps, so it can be removed) onto my original BMW screen (GSA 2016) and it has transformed the ride for me. I am 6ft tall. this has allowed me to vary the screen height, and two angles on the extension.... allowing for perfect blend of air and protection... might not work for all though. but, the Adventure Bike Shop in Suffolk had a 'demonstrator' which they fitted to my bike and allowed to test it on the road. if you can get the opportunity to try before you buy, i would recommend it.
:beerjug::thumby:

Thanks everyone, just new so bear with me. Tried altering screen and seat with limited success. Not tried being shorter myself yet! Ha ha funny. There is such an array of alternatives how do any of you decide what to buy before knowing it'll work? Or is that just me being a tight Yorkshire git?

Givi AF330 screen. I'm same height as you and suffered from buffeting with the standard screen. Did my research, opted for a Givi AF330 screen. Vast vast improvement. So much so that I spent a lot of my ridding with my clear visor up and just use the internal sun visor.

I am / did / do the very same as you on my TC GSA.
I thought Givi didn't do the AF330 for the LCs?

Givi do a screen for the LC if I remember correctly its called DT5108. Slightly higher than standard BMW but not a barn door like the old 330. I have it on mine and personally I think its better than the add on "wings" available.

I find the buffeting almost unbearable. Have bought the Wunderlich deflector, an extension to the oem screen. Sadly can't report on how good it is as it is lost in delivery and both UPS and Winderlich are not impressive so far in getting it to me. Will update as soon as I get it and installed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom