Akrapovic baffle removal??

Oldrat

So much better now Engineer is on ignore
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ref 2017 euro 4 GSA.
My dealer told me that you cant remove the baffle from the Akrapovic silencer.

Anyone know any different ?

Yes you can. I have on mine. Two baffles, two holes. Either something has changed dramatically since I bought my GSA with Akra in November or your dealer is disabled.
59604a44374b350e57d7429deefad0eb.jpg

Some cans also have a small spot weld you have to grind off then undo the scrwes and it will pull out, maybe thats whats giving him the idea it cant be removed.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Euro4 Spec exhausts cannot remove baffles. There isnt an option which is why they are Euro4 spec.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

You would need to fit a Euro3 spec?

Yes you can. I have on mine. Two baffles, two holes. Either something has changed dramatically since I bought my GSA with Akra in November or your dealer is disabled.
59604a44374b350e57d7429deefad0eb.jpg

Thanks
Looking at your pics there seems to be a hole inside each tube at about 9 o'clock. If thats the case, mine are absent.

Some cans also have a small spot weld you have to grind off then undo the scrwes and it will pull out, maybe thats whats giving him the idea it cant be removed.

Thats what I thought - cheers

I'm sure I read somewhere that Euro4 Spec exhausts cannot remove baffles. There isnt an option which is why they are Euro4 spec.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

You would need to fit a Euro3 spec?

Thats what my dealer said, sprcific to the euro 4 bikes.

Hmm maybe I have a Euro 4 bike with a Euro 3 exhaust? Akra aren't stupid, they know why people buy their kit. There will be an easy enough way if. It order through nippy Norman or whoever

Are they small (8mm?) holes I can see in the side of each tube?
I've double checked mine, smooth as a baby's bum, no holes!

Thanks, thats clearly the difference

Attachments

• RenderedContent-DC7638E6-2247-440B-BE44-9E0C0F67266F.jpg
    RenderedContent-DC7638E6-2247-440B-BE44-9E0C0F67266F.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 7,511
Hmm maybe I have a Euro 4 bike with a Euro 3 exhaust? Akra aren't stupid, they know why people buy their kit. There will be an easy enough way if. It order through nippy Norman or whoever

You likely do. If your inlet from headers is 1 into 2 type then it is EU3 if it is 1 into 1 then it is EU4 and you no longer can remove the baffles. If you speak to Chris B at calsport, he will be able to confirm this. EU4 can is also around £100 more in price over EU3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted the euro 4 version yesterday and a cursory look revealed no removal option, not that I want to as it's nice enough as it is, according to a neighbour sleeping off night shift !

That's a Euro 3 can. And a bloody dirty one at that. Clean it!:rob:D

Any downside to having a Euro 3 can on a Euro 4 bike? Getting Akra Ti headers tomorrow afternoon. Praying after the cat is gone that it won't sound like a diesel anymore.

Hopefully BMW give the bike a wash tomorrow!

Any downside to having a Euro 3 can on a Euro 4 bike? Getting Akra Ti headers tomorrow afternoon. Praying after the cat is gone that it won't sound like a diesel anymore.

Mine is ok both with and without baffles. Had the 600 mile service, nothing noted by dealer either despite the official line from BMW.

Nope, I've got a Euro 3 can on my Euro 4 bike, with titanium headers. The fuelling isn't good though, as the light is coming on at around 130/140 miles, so it's off to Hilltop on Saturday.

Nope, I've got a Euro 3 can on my Euro 4 bike, with titanium headers. The fuelling isn't good though, as the light is coming on at around 130/140 miles, so it's off to Hilltop on Saturday.

Is that going to be a second hilltop for the same bike or for the new one?

Back
Top Bottom