M'off tomorrow to Morocco

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it's finally come round. My bike is already on its way overland with a few other bikes to Southern Spain with Skygod and Bakerman driving the truck. In Morocco I am sticking to tarmac but the rest are on an off-road tour led by Gaz.

Tomorrow me and her Ladyship fly into Malaga with just hand luggage and will meet Gaz, Steve and the rest of the group at a hotel just north of Fuengirola. Sunday morning we all head for Algeciras and the ferry and then the adventure starts. We are all stopping together in Chefchaouen for the first night and then we go our separate ways but we meet up again in Merzouga on the Sahara desert midway through the tour for a two day break before heading our own ways again. All meeting up again in Tetouan for the last night and then back to Spain to load the bikes up for the return journey.

At least I will be missing two weeks of electioneering - happy days:bounce1

Been looking forward to this for a long time! :thumb

Well done Mike.... go with an open mind and you will love the place.

Fantastic people and spectacular scenary :thumb2

Hope your ferry runs by the time you get down.
A couple of us are stuck here trying to get out but it's still not looking good for a couple more days.

Hope your ferry runs by the time you get down.
A couple of us are stuck here trying to get out but it's still not looking good for a couple more days.

There are worse places to be stranded :thumb Wales springs to mind :D

Wish I was going again this spring, but as things are, there's a lot going on in my life and it don't look like I can get anywhere this year.

Have a great time all.

In Mijas now with Skygod - not a lot we can do about the weather, we are scheduled to cross on Sunday but if we can't then there are plenty of places we can visit in southern Spain until the weather gods are kind to us. There are worse places to be in the world;)

You have a good chance of crossing Sunday, I have fingers crossed for getting out of Morocco perhaps sat pm if not then sun as the marine forecast shows a slight drop in the wind by then.

Cheers Tim, me and Gaz had a chat this morning and we are keeping the plans flexible.;)

You'll be fine we just managed to get on board a ferry. Loads of bikes came off into Morocco so much of the backlog will have cleared in Algerceiras by morning.

Back
Top Bottom