Hey

DakarTom

Reaction score
Hi

I'm Tom. Just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought myself a 2000 year F650GS Dakar in white as a bit of a stopgap. It's had a few owners, done some fair miles but it will be a bit of a project to keep me spannering.

Bike history has been varied. First bike aged 3/4 was an Italjet Buster 50cc. If anyone has one I'll buy it off you!!

Then some crossers after that. Rode a Royal Enfield Trials 500 for a while. Then I had a F800S in grey. I loved that bike. Then in 2011 I bought a brand new S1000RR Sport in Thunder Grey metallic. Then a few years of owning that I bought a KTM 990 Adventure in orange ( obviously 🙄 ) and then sold them both last year to pay for my wedding.

Having saved for that religiously, then the big day and honeymoon I was bikekess for a while. I was borrowing an R1200RT which I still have and then on Monday I bought mini Thumper. The 990 was Thumper, so seeing as this is slightly smaller in capacity, size and cylinders, that's her name.

My first GS, albeit abit unplanned. I'm very happy. It needs some love which I will lavish upon it. I've so far bought a new number plate, wider mirrors with adaptors, led smoked rear light.

Plans are to change the gold ( I think renthal ) bars for some black ones. Work out which Oxford heated grips will fit. I'm after the rugged road radiator cover, master cylinder and reservoir covers, some panniers, and an Enduristan tail pack.

I'm also interested in the Heed engine bars and am looking into getting some adjustable levers that will fit, and retrofitting OE BMW LED indicators on the bike. Any information gratefully recieved. Any discount codes for Rugged Roads etc also gratefully recieved.

Safe riding, many thanks

( Dakar ) Tom

Ps I don't know how to add pictures off my phone. Sorry ��

Back
Top Bottom