Battery drain - part 2

If you don't connect anything to either of the canbus fed accessory sockets (even an ammeter) do you still get battery drain, measured across the battery? I had the same issue with a Zumo 550 connected to the steering head socket, it didn't flatten the bike battery but I was convinced the cycling was ultimately the reason for my Zumo getting fried! I won't use the canbus sockets now, everything is wired via a Fuzeblok has been fine.

The way your power socket is cycling still makes me wonder if your bike has missed a firmware update somewhere during its life. If updating to the new firmware replaces all previous versions it should be fine, but if it only updates parts of the software during a dealer update, perhaps your bike never got the bit that handles accessory power functions ??

The way your power socket is cycling still makes me wonder if your bike has missed a firmware update somewhere during its life. If updating to the new firmware replaces all previous versions it should be fine, but if it only updates parts of the software during a dealer update, perhaps your bike never got the bit that handles accessory power functions ??

The dealer checked the update status of my bike and tells me it's all up to date. He also said their system would not allow them to simply reflash the hardware if its already at the latest version which mine is. I'm cynical that there would be any real interest from them delving any further and I'm expecting the dealer to simply suggest a new ZFE on the basis that the software is up to date already and the only conclusion is a hardware issue in the ZFE itself such as a burnt out solid state relay.

Back
Top Bottom