No Maps in France.

I saw the prompt as well but ignored it as have 3 lots of routes all done and didn't want anything tampering with them, including me. Think I will wait until end of the year then update, as long as the old version keeps working can't see any benefit.

Looks like the prompts to update Express are a Mac thing, I have never seen one on any of my Windows machines Pity because it would save the frustration of finding an update not working. Updating your maps is not going to mess with your routes though. Unless, of course, the roads have changed, but then wouldn't you rather know that before you go. I keep updating my Garmin maps because it simply makes sense to us the most up to date maps available.

John

Looks like the prompts to update Express are a Mac thing, I have never seen one on any of my Windows machines Pity because it would save the frustration of finding an update not working. Updating your maps is not going to mess with your routes though. Unless, of course, the roads have changed, but then wouldn't you rather know that before you go. I keep updating my Garmin maps because it simply makes sense to us the most up to date maps available.

John

On the Mac you can change the settings to prompt or auto updates. Mine downloads automatically but lets you choose the install options.

Sounds excessive CN EU 2017.20 NTU was only 3.98GB

I also have all the .sid files that are useless to me. That's what makes it so big.
The N & S .img come to about 4.2 gig.
Slapped them both on the SD card and called one CNEU201811 and 'tother CNEU201812. Both active on the unit.

Another thing is why the NT version is not available yet:nenau
NTU has the Cyrillic characters and would go a long way to explaining the shite search.
Maybe they rolled them into one.

I also have all the .sid files that are useless to me. That's what makes it so big.
Slapped them both on the SD card and called one CNEU201811 and 'tother CNEU201812. Both active on the unit.

NTU has the Cyrillic characters and would go a long way to explaining the shite search.

NT version is only updated twice a year.

I get so many Express updates, such that every time that I open Express, it offers a Mac update. I therefore do not believe that this fault is caused by an out of date update .
HOWEVER, I now believe that this software issue ( clearly is and we shouldn't need to concern about fat32 issues ) is FIXED; we now need a NEW updater to confirm that all THREE maps are present after the update.......,

John

My prompts are on windows:nenau

I fell foul to this. Off the tunnel and nothing. In fact i was Off roading !
As soon as i crossed into Belgium it was fine. I was convinced it was something I'd done ? It was a good job i knew where I was going. On my return i received a map update and after this it was fine. I zoomed in on the unit just to makes sure.

I'm another victim. I deliberately didn't update my Nav V before setting off last night as it was working fine (and if it ain't broke etc...) in the Ardennes last September. Went to plan a route when in the bar on the boat from Portsmouth to St Malo and the only 'F' in the index was Finland. No France (and nothing South of the Arctic Circle it would seem).

Bo**ocks.

Well - it's lucky that (like Wapping) I like maps and route planning - back to the old-fashioned way of travelling - I have brought more maps with me than you would find in a cartographer's wet dream - But it would be useful to have it working as a back-up.

Has anyone succeeded in updating the Nav V by plugging it into an iPad? Or will it only work when being driven by a computer? I will buy an iPad connector/USB tomorrow and see if it has the strength to update the little blighter....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone succeeded in updating the Nav V by plugging it into an iPad? Or will it only work when being driven by a computer? I will buy an iPad connector/USB tomorrow and see if it has the strength to update the little blighter....

Save your money for more maps. The GPS device cannot be driven (updated) from an iPad or anything similar.

I can't find any "img" files after a search yet GExpress says my maps are all up to date!
I losing the will to continue!
Plus, my Nav V seems to be locked and won't switch on and stay on - and my new data cable hasn't help it be found by my pc!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping I'm going to be Ok having this on the V

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 457
I'm another victim. I deliberately didn't update my Nav V before setting off last night as it was working fine (and if it ain't broke etc...) in the Ardennes last September. Went to plan a route when in the bar on the boat from Portsmouth to St Malo and the only 'F' in the index was Finland. No France (and nothing South of the Arctic Circle it would seem).

Bo**ocks.

Well - it's lucky that (like Wapping) I like maps and route planning - back to the old-fashioned way of travelling - I have brought more maps with me than you would find in a cartographer's wet dream - But it would be useful to have it working as a back-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmm so this contradicts the, don't update before you go and it will still work idea.
Looks like I have to update as the I go Saturday Argh

Mmm so this contradicts the, don't update before you go and it will still work idea.

Not necessarily so.

Swissdoc indicates that this happened to him last September. We have no way of knowing what maps beyond Finland (north of the artic circle) he loaded into his device, nor how he did it. It's not even really clear if his intended route plotting sat in the boat's bar was to be done on a computer, on his GPS device or on a combination of both.

Aw feck it... Do the update tonight if you feel like it, you're obviously itching to. It will probably go well and you've got time to mend it if it doesn't.

I'm hoping I'm going to be Ok having this on the V
Mine showed both Europe maps ticked but there was no detail in the Calais area. It was only a day trip so I don't know if the problem extended further. The maps downloaded to my laptop at the same time had full detail. Updating to the 2018.10 maps seems to have solved the problem although I think it wise to check on the device before I go on another trip.

John

If you've got all of Europe now, don't update before you go. :rob

There won't be anything worthwhile in the update, unless you're planning on going on some new roads.

Not necessarily so.

Swissdoc indicates that this happened to him last September. We have no way of knowing what maps beyond Finland (north of the artic circle) he loaded into his device, nor how he did it. It's not even really clear if his intended route plotting sat in the boat's bar was to be done on a computer, on his GPS device or on a combination of both.

Aw feck it... Do the update tonight if you feel like it, you're obviously itching to. It will probably go well and you've got time to mend it if it doesn't.

That's true Mr Wapping. Not that I am indecisive but I can't really see that not doing the update can screw it up. Surely the maps that are currently downloaded can't suddenly go haywire ?

That's true Mr Wapping. Not that I am indecisive but I can't really see that not doing the update can screw it up. Surely the maps that are currently downloaded can't suddenly go haywire ?

You'll lose your current maps, and they'll be replaced with the new ones. Hopefully all of them, but you won't know until after the update.

If you've got all of Europe now, don't update before you go. :rob

There won't be anything worthwhile in the update, unless you're planning on going on some new roads.

Thanks I saw this after my reply to Sir Wapping and as I put I can't see not updating causing issues so prefer to wait. Will report back on my findings

Thanks I saw this after my reply to Sir Wapping and as I put I can't see not updating causing issues so prefer to wait. Will report back on my findings

I hope you have more luck than I did!

Back
Top Bottom