No Maps in France.

nav v started just to show main roads after last update. Tried reset and new update and still the same. Left in to BMW who also tried and still the same. unit was 2 year old. Local dealer changed it for a new nav v.
fast forward 3 months on and I bought another new bike of them. Good customer service will always keep good customers.

Just showing main roads points to a mapping problem rather than the unit. Several people have had problems with recent map updates leaving them with only the basemap. Sometimes, as in my case, most of the mapping was fine but parts of France were missing. A further map update solved the problem. Replacing the unit would also have solved the problem in the same way as buying a new car would solve the problem of the ash tray being full!

John

Posts #100 and #101 moved over from a general thread on 'How reliable has your GPS device been?'

Richard

Best of luck with your ride, FT... let us know how it turns out... :beerjug:

1530 miles later and no issues with the Nav5.:D. Took us from Calais to Baden Baden following the route I had wanted (France, Belgium, Luxembourg then Germany) which I reversed for the homeward trip :thumb2 then for the two separate routes for Thursday & Friday, followed what I had plotted. As a bonus, I also used the function to find a petrol station and add it to the route. This takes you off route and then returns you to the same point..... very clever :bow and was a god send for the others that had smaller tanks. :beerjug:

As a side note, if you haven't been and thinking of going, a must is the L124 out of Freiburg... IT'S AN AWESOME ROAD....so much so, for part of it we did 5 times. :D

Posts about the joys of the awesome L124 out Freiburg, moved to 'Roads to get your pegs down on'.

Back
Top Bottom