No Maps in France.

Wozza112

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just looking for some help.

I've got a new Navigator V. Everything seemed to work ok, maps and navigation in the Uk was working fine, when I reached France this morning my map is blank.

I've checked in settings and both Europe maps are ticked?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks. Warren.

The curse of the Nutster strikes again.

Just before you rush off to buy a very reliable paper map, you say you have both maps ticked. Is one map North and the other South and are they both ticked? If no, what are the precise names of the maps, please.

My pound is on North and maybe just the basemap / 3D and no South to be seen.

Oh dear not another

garmin it seems have divide Europe into north and south, Possibly in preparation for Brexit southern now starts at Calais ( which was once and still should be a British port)

I would guess that you only have the Northern part installed

You could do a Nutty and go to a BMW dealer and ask themn to do it or if you have a laptop with you do it yourself as it it will take upwards of a few hours to down load and install. You could try to scrounge some download time from your friendly hotel receptionist

I predict a summer of bikermates stuck in Calais or indeed Santander, Caen, St. Malo...

The curse of the Nutster strikes again.

Just before you rush off to buy a very reliable paper map, you say you have both maps ticeked. Is one map North and the other South and are they both ticked? If no, what are the precise names of the maps, please.
Just to confuse things even more, on mine I don't appear to have a 'South' but it IS there when I zoom in, I have:-
CN Europe NTU 2018.10
CN Europe NTU 2018.10 ALL NORTH

I'm off on Sunday to France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and Luxembourg...... that should give it a good test :D

Now, that is odd. Are you sure it's got the detailed maps of the south (France downwards) and not just the basemap, Paul? Or you might just be staying in Poland.

Just to confuse things even more, on mine I don't appear to have a 'South' but it IS there when I zoom in, I have:-
CN Europe NTU 2018.10

I'm off on Sunday to France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and Luxembourg...... that should give it a good test :D
You are missing CN Europe NTU 2018.10 ALL SOUTH.

I vaguely recall the last update requesting that I indicate which map area required, which has not happened previously.Just as above, I have '2018.10 ALL North ' .That could be the cause of these problems.:nenau
If so, reinstall maps and select the correct areas.

I reported the same problem last month but according to Wapping it was just me! No detailed map of France despite having both Europe maps ticked. This was with 2017.3 mapping which had full detail on the laptop and which was used to plot routes for the trip. The routes transferred to the device and appeared OK although I did not zoom in to check the detail. Once off the ferry it was clear that I had no Garmin maps of France other than a base map. Luckily I had an openstreetmap version of France on the SD card so I could switch to that.

On my return I downloaded the latest 2018.1 maps to both device and laptop and now I have full detailed maps on both. From other reports I am clearly not the only one to experience the problem.

John

I presume I am safe if I do not do the latest update prior to going to France next week? Considering the problems faced by others and all my routes having been planned and downloaded I think I am safer not doing the update? Anyone have any thought?

I presume I am safe if I do not do the latest update prior to going to France next week? Considering the problems faced by others and all my routes having been planned and downloaded I think I am safer not doing the update? Anyone have any thought?

I wish I hadn't!
I've also now got to re-install Garmin Express (assuming the uninstall worked) before I get near downloading all the correct maps! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

For me the problem was with the 2017.3 maps, the latest updates work. However I always have openstreetmap versions for wherever I am going. If you are going to France the lack of full post code search matters little as postcodes don't help much in most of Europe. They are free and easy to put on your SD card. Generally they are better detailed too. Having a back up map set make sense to me.

John

Thanks for the replys.

I've crossed into Belgium this afternoon and the maps are working fine.

My loaded maps are

CN Europe NTU 2017.30 3D

CN Europe NTU 2017.30 All North

Still confused ��

Now, that is odd. Are you sure it's got the detailed maps of the south (France downwards) and not just the basemap, Paul? Or you might just be staying in Poland.
Just zoomed into Nice and all the tiny back streets are there :nenau

I'll be taking the Zumo 550 with me too just in case :thumb2

You are missing CN Europe NTU 2018.10 ALL SOUTH.
Just zoomed into Malaga and all the small streets are there too. So even though my installed maps doesn't list CN Europe NTU 2018.10 ALL SOUTH, I'm guessing the CN Europe NTU 2018.10 one is covering it....

CN Europe NTU 2018.10

Hectic weekend

Just spoke to Garmin, after the update I only had North, on their advice have reloaded the maps, now have North and South. Its a known problem to them, surprise surprise.

Back
Top Bottom