Off to see the Wizard

Well this has made my GSA much more responsive and less hassled at motorway speeds.

Bike is EU4 GSA with stock exhaust system, and K&N air filter. Map done with shell RON95 in the tank and 1400 miles on the clock. On the way there two up and averaging at around national speed limits, I achieved 51mpg. On the way back averaging at around similar ("slightly higher") speeds we came back with 52mpg.

It was great to catch up with you Nutty and is was a pleasure to meet your mate Mark :thumb

7f369f22500c94536499021985761351.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nutty's bike will be giving low 120's when it loosens up...had mine done from new 112-RWHP 2015-16 Bike ...low down fueling improvement and no flat spots is what counts, one of the best fuels is Tesco 99 ron Momentum

Graph looks good.

Getting smoother delivery throughout with about 10 BHP advantage.

Biggest improvement is 20 Lb/Ft torque at 2000 rpm to 3000rpm. Thats around 50% increase at that point, will be very noticeable at low revs. It'll feel more powerful and pull well initially before short shifting.

But that benefit is very low in rev range.

At top end of rev range it'll feel brighter but not significantly different to stock.

Thats my take on it looking at charts.

I normally only use the 95 fuel and this was in my XR when Jeff waived his wand over it. Despite the cheap a
Asda petrol it still gave 160BHP at the rear wheel.

The reason I use Asda petrol is because it's so quick and easy to fill up there. I don't get off my bikes, you don't have to take your helmet off or queue up behind people buying their weekly shop when paying because it's all done at the pump.

Mine was 161 at the wheel with big bang petrol in it so it appears that it isn't worth the extra money for the super stuff

thats a great Graph. nice one .cheers for sharing

So do they optimise the map for 95 RON or 98 RON fuel?

Standard ECU compensates for different fuels. Depends what Geoff actually does, I suppose.
Would like to think that it retains that optimisation?
Good question, Warlord. Read recently that fuel with Ethanol in it can affect fuelling ratio by as much as 0.6. That's a lot BTW!

My graph showed an 'improvement' but honestly it is no better than pre Hilltop in my opinion :nenau

Would be interested to see a graph from a GSA with Akrapovic Titanium headers and can. Before and after remap results.

Mine was 161 at the wheel with big bang petrol in it so it appears that it isn't worth the extra money for the super stuff

Yeah, that is probably true actually.

What you mustn't do is keep switching around with 95, 97 or 99 RON.

The ECU takes about a tank to two tanks of fuel to adjust and optimise. So messing about between fuel grades will mess up your power and MPG.

Stick to one type ideally.

so are you saying - waste of money?

As I cannot notice any difference I would spend my £300 on something different if I had the opportunity again. It could be that I am no riding god so cannot notice the subtle difference of course but my GSA is no better than pre Hilltop in my opinion. A lot may take issue with this but that's how it is with me :nenau

As I cannot notice any difference I would spend my £300 on something different if I had the opportunity again. It could be that I am no riding god so cannot notice the subtle difference of course but my GSA is no better than pre Hilltop in my opinion. A lot may take issue with this but that's how it is with me :nenau

Well its a £300 lesson learned, you could make a complaint and ask for a refund as it hasn't met your expectations. Get the standard map put back on.

Sometimes going back to a lower powered map will show up immediately the difference. Maybe they'll do that for you first. If you are then still convinced no difference. Get your money back.

Sales of Goods and Services Act and (if you paid by credit card) Consumer Credit Act.

Remapping is a murky area with questionable results easy to get carried away with placebo effect.

If you're not happy talk to them.

Somewhere I think but the chart showed an improvement. I however, do not feel/see it

I'd still like to see it as it'll show the Dyno Operators Atmospheric Correction Factor and other variables which can effect results on the charts. Just curious to see if there are any anomolies.

Can't tell any difference, neither can bikermate who was with me

Geoff offers a full refund if you're not happy. Don't take this personally, but if you can't tell the difference, maybe you're not riding the bike to its full potential. What is your riding style?

The difference pre and post hilltop on all of my bikes has been very noticeable. As soon as I got on some familiar roads this afternoon, the bike was a completely different beast to this morning.

Back
Top Bottom