Off to see the Wizard

. My 1290 has the Akra end can/ standard headers. .:thumb

I would do your research before wanting to swop the headers, on the 1290 Ktm put a lot of R&D to give you the best, my stock 1290 with akra can makes more power and more torque than another 1290 owner whom Replaced his headers and lost the lovely torque low down.

Here you go....

Attachments

• IMG_6187.jpg
    IMG_6187.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 285
I would do your research before wanting to swop the headers, on the 1290 Ktm put a lot of R&D to give you the best, my stock 1290 with akra can makes more power and more torque than another 1290 owner whom Replaced his headers and lost the lovely torque low down.

Good to know.:thumb

Geoff said that ceramic coating headers gives very good results. Maybe that would be a better option?

Good to know.:thumb

Geoff said that ceramic coating headers gives very good results. Maybe that would be a better option?

It makes me think that it wouldn't be very cost effective if you'll be keeping it for 12-18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy that forum members have had such good experiences at Hilltop. The "group discount dates" are fun because members get to meet, share anecdotes and experiences (new clients also save a few pounds). I've got some great tips for my trip next month to the Picos at one of these meets.
More dates to be announced shortly, PM me if there are any dates you'd like.
John S

Results are in....

Ok thanks for posting your rolling road graphs.

Very interesting reading actually.

Lets firstly assume the rolling road graphs are accurate, same day, same atmospheric conditions, same operator and dyno.

My figures are roughly mapped out based on photographs, but you can come to your own conclusions to back my numbers up anyways

EVskj bike has Stock Exhaust, K&N Airfilter

Nutty bike has full Akrapovic Titanium Headers and End Can (not sure what other modifications)

BEFORE

What I noticed firstly, is that Nuttys bike was significantly DOWN on power when he turned up to the rolling road session on the day, compared to EVskj stock bike. Up to 24 BHP lower at worse, which is very weird. So at face value adding a full Akrapovic system to your bike will do it no favours until its remapped, or the Operator fudged the start figures on Nutty's bike to make the gains look more impressive. Whatever, can of worms shit storm will follow no doubt, but the figures are there in black and white (and red)...

2000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 15 BHP +4
Nutty 11 BHP

3000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 36 BHP +12
Nutty 24

4000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 50 BHP +14
Nutty 36

5000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 66 BHP +10
Nutty 56

6000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 88 BHP +24
Nutty 64

7000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 100 BHP +20
Nutty 80

8000 RPM (before remap)

EVskj 98 +2
Nutty 96

So before any remap work was done.. EVskj wins hands down with the more power Stock Bike and £1300 better off :thumb2

After Results to follow below....

Results are in.... AFTER the Remaps

AFTER

What I noticed after the remap was that Nuttys bike only made a maximum of 5 BHP more at its best compared to EVskj... and EVskj bike made more BHP in some places through the rev range, just as Stock plus a remap which has to be good value for money.

2000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 26 BHP +4
Nutty 22 BHP

3000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 42 BHP +0
Nutty 42

4000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 58 BHP -2
Nutty 60

5000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 80 BHP +2
Nutty 78

6000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 98 BHP -5
Nutty 103

7000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 110 BHP -2
Nutty 112

8000 RPM (After remap)

EVskj 100 +2
Nutty 98

So After the remap work was done.. Nutty wins but only slightly through the range and having now spent £1300 + £300 for modifications to gain an extra 5 BHP over a stock bike? and still loose power (or certainly be no better off) against a stock bike at certain points through the rev range.

Thats a luxury expense in my opinion. :rob ... only card left to play is weight reduction of the Titanium Bling, which will make it more sprightly.

I look at it the other way round.

So is anyone of the 800 telling me that they ride their bikes at 100% of its potential all the time already, whereby spending £300 to get an extra 10% more power will make all the difference?

If so I would like to formally request their autograph, because that is spectacular.

:bounce1

(However I dont seem to have crap fuelling on mine, so don't know what the fuss is about)

It has never been about ultimate power and I agree with you that smooth is fast. The way the engine delivers it's power is smoother and more consistent. My mate and I both felt the same, each engine mode feels like it's gone up one step and I found myself reaching for 7th for a while because of the improved real world performance in 6th.

I prefer having an engine running the way an engineer would want it to run, rather than how a Eurocrat would.

It has never been about ultimate power and I agree with you that smooth is fast. The way the engine delivers it's power is smoother and more consistent. My mate and I both felt the same, each engine mode feels like it's gone up one step and I found myself reaching for 7th for a while because of the improved real world performance in 6th.

I prefer having an engine running the way an engineer would want it to run, rather than how a Eurocrat would.

I understand that hallucination as well, I've been there and people who want a remap will always get a remap. Its almost cultural.

But honestly, unless your bike is a crock of shite and you are riding it properly, I wouldn't bother.

But at least people can make an informed decision rather that jump off the cliff like lemmings.

Very good Warlord! Great comparison. I came to s conclusion, that I shall get an end can only at some point this year, purely for that deeper growl and to be herd of when filtering in traffic. I think headers will irritate me, doing 10k miles per year.

I'll be sticking to my 2017 Eurocrat 4 bike with stock engine, stock remap, stock tyres. Just as Euro4 wanted it... and it'll be working hard for it's living :beerjug:

I'll be sticking to my 2017 Eurocrat 4 bike with stock engine, stock remap, stock tyres. Just as Euro4 wanted it... and it'll be working hard for it's living :beerjug:

If it makes you happy, then you are doing the right thing. I previously hated it doing 70mph on the motorway, because it literally felt like someone behind me, in the car touching my tyre with their bumper. So solution was to do 60-65mph or 75-80mph. Now it is a pleasure regardless what speed I am traveling at.

Thats a luxury expense in my opinion. :rob ... only card left to play is weight reduction of the Titanium Bling, which will make it more sprightly.

I'm surprised at the 'after' figures, epecially as Akrapovic claim higher gains over stock. Nevertheless, it rides perfectly now, and looks & sounds fantastic.:thumb

I'm surprised at the 'after' figures, epecially as Akrapovic claim higher gains over stock. Nevertheless, it rides perfectly now, and looks & sounds fantastic.:thumb
I have had two bikes Hilltopped, First is Euro 3 2014 bike/ 2nd is Euro 4 2017, both have full Akro system and were within .25 bhp of each other at near enough 118.5bhp, they were at 99bhp 2014 (4000mls) and 102bhp 2017 (400mls) before setup.

Back
Top Bottom