Off to see the Wizard

Nutty

Reaction score
Sun's shining! :bounce1

First service at 9am, then up to see the Wizard. Let's see what he can do with this one.:thumb

Sun's shining! :bounce1

First service at 9am, then up to see the Wizard. Let's see what he can do with this one.:thumb

Seems a bit pointless-even when its been Geoffocated it will still have less power/poke than your other bike !!:aidan

I am currently at The wizzards new den. Geoff is working his magic. They gone posh . Scones!
Mike

Get him to show you his paragliding vid down the strip of bars in Turkey.Mad sod !!! and ask him if he's done a KTM1290 yet ?

So place your bets !!!

So the Rallye has been hilltopped and it's BM'S equivalent of the KTM1290R so let's say it has 20% less horse power after the Geoffectomy . I reckon 120bhp at the rear

So place your bets !!!

So the Rallye has been hilltopped and it's BM'S equivalent of the KTM1290R so let's say it has 20% less horse power after the Geoffectomy . I reckon 120bhp at the rear

118.75. Not had a chance to loosen up yet, maybe anothr 2 or 3 hp by the time its been thrashed to 10,000 mls

116 at the rear wheel, so not too bad. I couldn't care less about the figures tbh, it now goes as it should. Interestingly, both Euro 4 bikes he's done of mine are around 5-8% down on my Euro 3 bikes.

And, the petrol light came on at 170 miles on the way home, instead of 130/140 before.:thumb

Do you get these remapped on 95 RON or 98 RON fuelling?

If so, these performance maps might not be good for those on remapped bikes for touring around on shit fuel. You could run risk of running to lean.

Always mention to your next buyer its been remapped for high grade fuel or they could end up in shit if they tour on crap fuel.

One valid reason why our bikes can be improved so much on fuelling is they are designed to travel and use a wide variety of fuel grade/quality and high altitude low air volume, which needs to stay as it is if you intend touring 3rd world...

I'd be inclined to leave it as it is and buy a Sports Bike if you want something fast... map that as much as you like..

Sorry to be boring and a killjoy on this matter :rob

Also, just to put things into perspective.

The difference in power you will get from stock power to remapped power will be negligeable on road in terms of bike performance. Good rider on stock and a good rider on remap will be milliseconds apart. It'll make little difference in reality, down lanes, sprints between roundabouts etc.

It'll be a 'feel' thing only...

Bundle of joy I am today....

I have another bike if I want more power. The only reason I go to Hilltop is to smooth the fuelling, as said before, I couldn't care less about figures. It now rides as BMW intended, before the twats in the EU dictated how they want it to run.

I have another bike if I want more power. The only reason I go to Hilltop is to smooth the fuelling, as said before, I couldn't care less about figures. It now rides as BMW intended, before the twats in the EU dictated how they want it to run.

So do they optimise the map for 95 RON or 98 RON fuel?

do they give you any type of before and after mapping power graph ,so you can see where the power gain and torque is different ?

So do they optimise the map for 95 RON or 98 RON fuel?

+1 . The dead spot I had at 3.5k and 6k revs has gone. Now much smoother. Fuelling sorted and extra BHP could not care less. Left house at 6 to get their for 9 am and trip today well worth the money. Ride home much more fun. Job done thanks John. S for organising, Mark and Geoff for their magic.
Mike

I normally only use the 95 fuel and this was in my XR when Jeff waived his wand over it. Despite the cheap a
Asda petrol it still gave 160BHP at the rear wheel.

The reason I use Asda petrol is because it's so quick and easy to fill up there. I don't get off my bikes, you don't have to take your helmet off or queue up behind people buying their weekly shop when paying because it's all done at the pump.

Back
Top Bottom