Just arrived!

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got it yesterday, GT SE plus comfort pack plus radio - just waiting for the Shackleton to fit to the back for 'we indoors.

Never had one before so any (supportive) advice greatly appreciated!

6950b0116b61451cc53ff105e98a2204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And of course if anyone wants 'owt making (within my capabilities) then let me know as I've now got something to work on!

Did BMW ever solve the issue of downward facing radiator louvres letting in stones from the front tyre?

Loads of info on the Forum - try http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/uk-riders/

The early adoptors suffered a few 'issues' - with that frame, yours looks like a 2015> so most problems had been fixed by then. Yes the cooling is a bit marginal in traffic, so the rad needs to be kept clean. They are a big beast too, so tires get a hard time if you use the performance; they cup easily & the last 3mm can disappear very rapidly. The FBW throttle takes time/experience & 1st to 2nd is often clunky due to the long throw.

Enjoy the ride ................... KEN

Nice one Mark , enjoy ! Brilliant bikes, not got one but my mate has (rode that) hope you have the quick shifter!

TD

Benz - think so mate.
Nuts - fekk off :)
Squib - mines a 2017 and thanks.
Team D - yes it has and thanks pal

If you hit the rev limiter don't be shocked when the bike loses power until the revs go below about 5k, thought I'd broken mine when I did it !!

Upgraded now to a new GSA TE.

Yes it seems the power is certainly mid range with a 'fade' the higher the engine revs - lots of low down grunt tho. Must say my GSA is more comfortable with the longer leg stretch

What's the reverse gear like? I saw someone using one last week and it seemed a really cool option for people like myself or low in the saddle.

I've put the seat on 'high' so I'll see if that sorts the leg thing out. Just a little concerned about so much weight on tippy toes. Regarding the reverse it's really cool - I wasn't going to have that option (or the fekking radio) but I must say with a bike sooooo heavy it is a bloody handy thing to have, used it twice today so it's no gimmick

And the bike has to be ridden very deliberately- think super tanker lol

Nice machine Mr. Hooton. 6,000rpm max until after first service? I was out on my GT Sport yesterday, and clicking through the buttery smooth gearbox as quick as you like.... you are low flying like a cruise missile even without touching the 6k revs, great fun!

Enjoy and stay safe :thumb

That looks gorgeous ... you lucky boy. I love my GS to bits but am thinking of a change to turbine smooth ... you don't help putting piccies like that up ! Enjoy. :D

Nice machine Mr. Hooton. 6,000rpm max until after first service? I was out on my GT Sport yesterday, and clicking through the buttery smooth gearbox as quick as you like.... you are low flying like a cruise missile even without touching the 6k revs, great fun!

Enjoy and stay safe :thumb

Thanks, well it says in the book <5k up to 180 miles then <6.5k until 600 mile service.

That looks gorgeous ... you lucky boy. I love my GS to bits but am thinking of a change to turbine smooth ... you don't help putting piccies like that up ! Enjoy. :D

Think carefully fella, the GS is oh so more nimble and the seating position, believe it or not, is actually better (or it is for my 55 year old bones)

Remember he new speeding fines !!

Thanks pal and yes they are pretty nasty eh. I`m pleased the plod are stopping travellers pinching my works skip instead of jumping on bikers................ (bit of a rant there)

You ride safe too eh?

Back
Top Bottom