Just arrived!

It looks like they have not changed the diffuser in front of the rad - it looks the same as the one on my 61 plate.

How about making a replacement for that - the problem with stock is that the fins are the wrong way around and catch all of the debris thrown up at them by the front wheel.

Dont use a pressure washer on the top of the cylinder heads. I did, and got water down the number one spark plug hole. It started missing and I had to replace the coil. £106 plus 6 plugs while I was in there. It's not difficult but time consuming as I had to drop the radiator to get at them.

It looks like they have not changed the diffuser in front of the rad - it looks the same as the one on my 61 plate.

How about making a replacement for that - the problem with stock is that the fins are the wrong way around and catch all of the debris thrown up at them by the front wheel.
Believe it or not it is a mud flap and the fins are just for show.

Be aware that the lower parts of the radiator either side of the mud flap are prone to blocking with crap off the front wheel. The radiator cooling fins are so fine. That area needs flushing through with a hose from behind with the fan removed. If not done regularely the overheating starts and the only answer will be a new radiator. Exactly the same problem happens on the K1300S. Don't ask me how I know.

Fenda extendas do not work and rub on the tyre. A solution could be a longer front mudguard made out of carbon fibre. I and many others would certainly pay good money for one that fits a K1300S.

Aha I see a problem to be solved - but wouldn't some sort of guard restrict airflow to what seems an area that oh sinners that airflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've solved another problem tho - the two seat height settings were either too high or too low so using my seat lowering cams I've got a middle setting!
ae808f89ca7cc756e2950edff5a2764b.jpg

Got it yesterday, GT SE plus comfort pack plus radio - just waiting for the Shackleton to fit to the back for 'we indoors.

Never had one before so any (supportive) advice greatly appreciated!

6950b0116b61451cc53ff105e98a2204.jpg

Another bike!!!!

You've got that many, @ least when you come to sell them they'll have all low mileages from your weekly trips to......tesco

Back
Top Bottom