2-3 weeks in South Eastern Europe starting in mid September

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, I'm hoping for something of an Indian summer and tentatively planning to head south east through Germany then carry on through Austria, Hungary, Romania and after that play it according to weather forecasts and time.

I missed out on doing the Transfagarasan last year when I was in Romania because I was there too early so I'd like to do that again along with the Transalpina and any other of the high passes that lure me towards them at the time. After that maybe a few days in Bulgaria before heading back towards Croatia and slowly home. I might turn a wheel in Turkey or Greece, it depends on loads of factors but it's something that I'm not ruling out.

If anyone fancies coming along then shout out but the only rule I'm making for myself is no camping this year and I'd sooner go from Harwich to the Hook then nail it through Germany in a day because much as I enjoy touring Germany that's not the plan for this year. I rarely book hotels before 4pm on the day and every 4-5 days spend 2 nights in the same place so I can have a day without any luggage on the bike. Planning is done in the bar at night with a bit of paper and Michelin maps then every day is taken with a rough idea of where to head for but nothing more.

I'd guess the trip will total between 4-5k miles and anything from 600 miles in a day (across Germany) down to none if I fancy a day wandering around a town chilling out.

It'll be a laugh if nothing else and I'm not the sort of person that insists on doing everything my way so if anyone fancies the idea but has some nailed down places they want to visit then that's great.

I'll be working unfortunately otherwise I'd have been up for it. If by any chance you're at a loose end from 10th July for a couple of weeks you can join me. The only thing booked so far is a night in Innsbruck.

You doing Spa or Chimay this year?

Hi. You still intend doing this trip and if so have you finalised anything? How many folk are planning on going?

I'd be up for joining you for a few days when you reach this part of the world, provided that work commitments allow. Of course my fluent Romanian would be a great help (o bere, doua beri, trei beri, patru beri etc. vă rog) :eek:. Please let me know when you have decided on dates

Cheers, Dave

Back
Top Bottom