Sena 10U or 20S

I've just bought a 10U to go in a GT Air. Audio quality is fine for my needs but am having trouble with the handlebar remote in that it hampers operation of the left hand switch cluster on both of my bikes - '08 GSA and K1100RS. It makes for an awkward time specifically operating the left turn signal. Its no big deal for me really as I can do everything I need from the two button panel inside the helmet but I can see it being a bit of a pain to change volume. I come from a Scala G9 which had good automatic volume control which took account of ambient noise but the Sena seems to rely on manually changing the volume - unless I haven't sussed that bit out yet.

If it's the same as the 10u for a Schuberth you haven't missed it, it doesn't have auto volume control. However it's not a big loss as the handlebar remote makes volume adjustment easy. I like you found the remote interfered epithet the left bar controls however after a few thousand miles of use I'm now used to it and don't notice it now. The only small niggle I have is that stop / starting music when riding on less than perfect roads is not always easy due to the sensitivity of the joystick. Using the 'call' function for intercom or phone calls is a lot better than on the SRC as hands stay on the bars rather than having to press buttons on the helmet. Good piece of kit, not perfect but better imho than the SRC.

Sorry if I am being thick....... I understand that if I want to chat to someone via Bluetooth, I have to switch to comms by tapping the front button and therefore turn the music off....... but if I am listening to music or the radio or whatever and my pillion or other rider activate their comms, will I hear them at all? Or is it that if I want to be available to speak or listen via comms, l have to be in comms mode?

If that is the case on the 10u maybe the 20S is what I want so that if I am listening to music and someone speaks, I can hear them.
This is why I like these forums because sometimes the sales pitch glosses over the finer details, deliberately or otherwise.
K

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When they 'call' you you will hear a call tone, if you accept then your music will be interrupted until you disconnect from them.

Last edited:
When they 'call' you you will hear a call tone, if you accept then your music will be interrupted until you disconnect from them.

my experience with 20s is that when bike to bike conversation starts, the music I am playing simply mutes down to a background level, (as it does with GPSr instructions)
and then when the other party or I stop talking, music level comes back up to where I set it volume wise at the start of the ride, so no "accepting" of incoming comms on my set up...(its spooky, just like voices inside your head!!)

Ok ta. So with the 10U you only get a tone then have to press a button to hear speech but with the 20S you don't.
In that case I think I would regret going for the 10U. Pity, because I like that it isn't stuck on the side!

Thanks for all the info gents.

K

Looks like the difference between the two is that with the 20 music is reduced to the background during a comms with a pillion/ other rider, with the 10 the music stops. There is a music sharing function on the 10 but as I've never used it I don't know if it's effected in the same way.

Looks like the difference between the two is that with the 20 music is reduced to the background during a comms with a pillion/ other rider, with the 10 the music stops. There is a music sharing function on the 10 but as I've never used it I don't know if it's effected in the same way.
I found with the 20s audio multitasking external noise amplified through the other Comms unit, so I turned it off, first time I tried it next day hyperacusis, coincidence likely but terrifying

Back
Top Bottom