Cookstown to Rosslare suggestions.

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
All

Going up to Cookstown next weekend to watcgh some proper racing. It's all a bit last minute as someone has dropped out of group of my buddies and I've taken their place.:thumb

Anyway, these guys thing that motorways are the best way from A to B but I'm going to show them that there is another world away from big roads.

We are going to run down from Cookstown to Rosslare on Sunday so has anyone got a half decent route down? I've been down through the Wicklow mountains a few times so want to show them that so any suggestions gratefully received.

to clones/augnacloy

down thru meath/kildare

carlow callan thomastown enniscorthy rosslare

Cookstown Stewartstown Moy Armagh Tandragee Newry Omeath Carlingford, then via M1 to Wicklow Mtns

Avoid Dublin - unless you're in a hurry & even then avoid morning & evening peaks.
I picked Kilcock as a random intermediate target - N11, N80, N81 Naas(crowded), Trim, Navan, Kingscourt, Castleblaney, Armagh, Cookstown are rough guidelines.
If more time bend further to West.

Or a slight variation on the middle bit, Armagh, Monaghan, Ballybay, Shercock, Bailieborough, Kells, Trim, etc. Some lovely roads on that part.

Back
Top Bottom