Airbag from Alpine Stars - Tech-Air

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
saw the advert in last months Ride. Seen them on sale here in Holland as well. Any opinions?

Don't BMW rebrand this kit?

Like the idea of no lanyard to accidentally leave attached when pulling by the butty van

We use the Helite air vests, you need about 40kg of pull to set the jacket off, so getting off the bike still attached doesn't set it off. I have done this a few times, you feel the pull well before it will set the vest off :)

Just to add, I prefer the vest rather than a jacket, because you can wear it with different jackets, so in warm weather you can change to an air flow jacket if you want. Air jackets are good as long as you never want to wear anything different

Just to add, I prefer the vest rather than a jacket, because you can wear it with different jackets, so in warm weather you can change to an air flow jacket if you want. Air jackets are good as long as you never want to wear anything different

The Alpinestars version is compatible with two different jackets - a touring one and an airflow one. The airflow jacket isn't that expensive, so you could have one (internal) vest and two jackets.

The Alpinestars version is compatible with two different jackets - a touring one and an airflow one. The airflow jacket isn't that expensive, so you could have one (internal) vest and two jackets.

That sounds good then, only problem for me is, I have at least 5 jackets, ranging from leather, textile and mixtures. I am not finding an issue so far with the air vest.

Just had a look, nice bit of kit, but looks like the vest alone is £1000, then I assume you need to buy the jackets. Think I'll stick with the corded type until prices fall a bit more. :)

Back
Top Bottom