What do we think of this then?

Steve R

Reaction score
Yesterday at the Bonhams auction, Stafford Show. Look at the dent in the tank. The hammer fell a second after the photo was taken. Look at the price. Including commission someone paid £14,375.

Attachments

• Bonhams.JPG
    Bonhams.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 518
quite amazing really, not a minter, seemed like plenty of light corrosion here and there and will need a bit of work doing to it.

I thought bikes are supposed to cheaper at auctions. Unless somebody had a twitch

Not at Bonhams, seems like it's an auction house regularly frequented by folk wwith deep pockets from what I've seen on there over last couple of years.

It's really getting ridiculous. The PD tank seems to virtually double the value of the bike even if it is dented!

Bonkers. You can have mine for 12 large- no dent in the tank either - bargain!

It's a big number for a Paris Dakar in that condition. It looks like it needs a bit of cash thrown at it to get it to a presentable / useable standard.

Mick, where did you check the frame number to get the Sonderlackierung - 999 paint code info. I have a Paris Dakar and would like to check the number, you never know!

Colin

It's a big number for a Paris Dakar in that condition. It looks like it needs a bit of cash thrown at it to get it to a presentable / useable standard.

Mick, where did you check the frame number to get the Sonderlackierung - 999 paint code info. I have a Paris Dakar and would like to check the number, you never know!

Colin

this is the one i used but i have used different ones in the past just put your frame number in and ignore the adverts (good luck with your finding it is normally in german but i just copy and paste terms into a translator )

http://bimmer.work/

Great condition to have a bike in , as it can be used without fear of falling over and scratching the tank. If I was ever to buy one , I'd most definitely want it original. Not repainted to "better than new" by whoever. It's more than I would have imagined it went for but to a lot of people 15 grand is loose change.

this is the one i used but i have used different ones in the past just put your frame number in and ignore the adverts (good luck with your finding it is normally in german but i just copy and paste terms into a translator )

http://bimmer.work/

Just used he above link worked perfectly on my 1989 R100 GSPD and got confirmation that its all genuine and original perfect thanks for the link :beerjug: Jim

Back
Top Bottom