Givi SRA5112 mounting plate - I've got bits left over

Fourier

Reaction score
Thought this plate would be a straight bolt-on to the rear rack job - but it comes with an extra u-shaped bracket that seems to mount to the pannier rack mounting screws and goes under the rear rack assembly. I presume its some sort of additional support - either I'm a bit slow or the Givi instructions are not all that clear (probably both)! Is it needed? - the rack feels pretty solid as it is. Got a bit dark so I've given up for the night but any experience gratefully received!

Thought this plate would be a straight bolt-on to the rear rack job - but it comes with an extra u-shaped bracket that seems to mount to the pannier rack mounting screws and goes under the rear rack assembly. I presume its some sort of additional support - either I'm a bit slow or the Givi instructions are not all that clear (probably both)! Is it needed? - the rack feels pretty solid as it is. Got a bit dark so I've given up for the night but any experience gratefully received!

I have a same plate on my gsa and was puzzled by the black arms and "U" bracket too. I think it is givi doing an extra precaution for when tossers use 58l trekker outback stuffed with shite they don't need when touring. Since it is provided I will fit it. Better be safe than sorry.

Ps. I run 42l trekker outback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must have seen my touring luggage! Seems a bit OTT given they say you can't put more than 6kg on it anyway...

I seem to remember having some brackets left over in case I had to remove and reposition the rear indicators.

Everything fitted without having to touch the indicators so I never used the brackets and they are gathering dust on a shelf.

I seem to remember having some brackets left over in case I had to remove and reposition the rear indicators.

Everything fitted without having to touch the indicators so I never used the brackets and they are gathering dust on a shelf.

+1 Same here for me

I know this post is well past it's sell-by date, but just wondering what was the outcome of your conundrum regarding the SRA5112 brackets? I have just purchased one and like you cannot fathom (a) its function and (b) how to fix the bolts directly under the rack itself.

Fitted one on my GSA before Christmas....like everyone else I couldn’t work out the extra brackets, so just ignored them. The rack is a solid fix without them.

I’ve got them installed on mine ...

xHvymnH.jpg

MNOxkcY.jpg

Since the top box has a recommended max load of 6 kg, I thought it’d be wise to use the extra bracket.

Hey.
Just installing these on my R1250GSA. I've fit everything alright up until the U clamp. The extra black flat bit provided by Givi doesn't allow the U clamp to fit snuggly around the OEM rack. @®win, how did you get yours to fit?

Back
Top Bottom