'Small' GS tank bag on GSA LC....and tank protection film

LBJ GSA

Reaction score
Hi there - I just ordered the current 'small' GS tank bag for my GSA. (Only one 'large' size listed for the GSA but it looks like it should fit the tank shape ok? Anyone done the same? I think it was about £117 versus around £170? The large one looks too tall for an already tall tank. Also, what is a good way to protect the tank? Any good clear film out there? Have seen a factory 3 pad thing on some GSs and GSAs but I previously had some thick, clear film on my old GS.......just can't remember where I got it! Many thanks. LBJ.

Mine is huge.... in some eyes :D

Signature custom design is recommended for the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using one of these for 2 1/2 years, 18,000mls, it lives on the bike and is loaded with all the boy scout stuff, side stand puck, puncture repair kit etc. I get some light marking on the tank, but nothing that doesn't polish out, so I don't worry about it.
The clear plastic on the map pocket is now discolouring, I am guessing from UV, nothing I can do about that, but it does make it look old.

Hi,

I got the small one as well on my GSA and fits fine. In fact it was thrown into the deal as a good will gesture by the dealer so it's meant to fit. Already done 3000 miles with it on the bike and not a problem of scratching or rubbing. I have however a tank pad See link)

http://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/image/cache/data/touratech/01-100-0133-0_i_01-500x500.jpg

Great - thanks Madsplash. That's good to know. Show us a pic when you can. I should (hopefully) be able to see my handlebar mounted GPS with the smaller one. :) Funny how the dealer I spoke to seemed to think there is only one option (the large one) and that the small one 'might damage the tank'! This is clearly not the case.

I have been using one of these for 2 1/2 years, 18,000mls, it lives on the bike and is loaded with all the boy scout stuff, side stand puck, puncture repair kit etc. I get some light marking on the tank, but nothing that doesn't polish out, so I don't worry about it.
The clear plastic on the map pocket is now discolouring, I am guessing from UV, nothing I can do about that, but it does make it look old.

Thanks CPJS.

Great - thanks Madsplash. That's good to know. Show us a pic when you can. I should (hopefully) be able to see my handlebar mounted GPS with the smaller one. :) Funny how the dealer I spoke to seemed to think there is only one option (the large one) and that the small one 'might damage the tank'! This is clearly not the case.

Here it is on first day I got it and on a trip to the South of Portugal. As you can see it sits fine on the tank and doesn't obstruct the view of the sat nav.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 403
Here it is on first day I got it and on a trip to the South of Portugal. As you can see it sits fine on the tank and doesn't obstruct the view of the sat nav.

I think that's the standard height GSA bag (which I have and will be exchanging for the smaller GS bag)? I have a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS which the standard bag obscures. The smaller one may also obscure it (don't know yet) but in any case, I think will work better on such a tall tank, otherwise it's up to my chest! :)

I think that's the standard height GSA bag (which I have and will be exchanging for the smaller GS bag)? I have a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS which the standard bag obscures. The smaller one may also obscure it (don't know yet) but in any case, I think will work better on such a tall tank, otherwise it's up to my chest! :)

I might be wrong but there was on sale a bigger bag than mine and I chose this one coz I also thought it was too big. This one was also cheaper than the other one.

I might be wrong but there was on sale a bigger bag than mine and I chose this one coz I also thought it was too big. This one was also cheaper than the other one.

The smaller one is just slightly smaller. (with a £70 price difference). How do you add photos here? I can't see an attachment icon? I'll be picking mine up on Thursday. I'm not 100% sure even the smaller bag will enable me to see my handlebar mounted GPS, but this is a step in the right direction. I think both bags could benefit from a slightly longer strap on the front mounting so it can sit closer to the rider.
LBJ.

The smaller one is just slightly smaller. (with a £70 price difference). How do you add photos here? I can't see an attachment icon? I'll be picking mine up on Thursday. I'm not 100% sure even the smaller bag will enable me to see my handlebar mounted GPS, but this is a step in the right direction. I think both bags could benefit from a slightly longer strap on the front mounting so it can sit closer to the rider.
LBJ.

If you click on "go advanced" you'll see the attachment button.

Where's the photo attach button?!

If you click on "go advanced" you'll see the attachment button.

Thanks Madsplash. In 'advanced' I can only see the insert image (URL) button but bot a straight forward pic attachment?? LBJ.

after clicking "go advanced" you'll have the title box and below a first line of icons wich include font , size, and the smiley button. On my screen the attachement buttom appears on the right of the smiley button also commonly known as emoji.

Back
Top Bottom