Washing Rukka Arma S jacket?

Ciderdrinker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm wanting to wash my 12 month old Rukka Arma S jacket prior to sending it back to get a couple of zips repaired. Has anybody got any advice on the best way to wash it? The care label says 40 degrees, no bleach, no tumble dry and low temp ironing. Seems a bit too easy to me. Any ideas? Turn inside put etc? Best soap to use? I think it says non-bio powder but is there something better to use?

Thanks!!

Zip up; rub neat nikwax tech wash cleaner with nail brush on any stubborn stains, gently.

Then pop into washing machine.
If swmbo uses comfort or similar, wash towels using fairy non bio or similar otherwise it'll block the goretex lining.

When you get it back reproof it with nikwax or similar and leave to drip dry on warmish day.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hi all. I'm wanting to wash my 12 month old Rukka Arma S jacket prior to sending it back to get a couple of zips repaired. Has anybody got any advice on the best way to wash it? The care label says 40 degrees, no bleach, no tumble dry and low temp ironing. Seems a bit too easy to me. Any ideas? Turn inside put etc? Best soap to use? I think it says non-bio powder but is there something better to use?

Thanks!!

There are many threads about this.

I would not use washing powder. Run your washing machine empty to get all the residue of powder out of it and then use Nikwax Tech Wash or something similar, after that use Nikwax TX Direct or something similar and then leave to dry.

That's my tuppence.

Take out all armour and lining etc. Empty wash in the machine as hot as it will go to dissolve all residues. Put jacket in machine and use something such as techwash-NOT DETERGENT. When jacket is returned re proof in the machine using Nikwax re proofer.

Back
Top Bottom