New engine/ ECU

Sungaets

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2013 gs lc which I have owned from new , my engine is showing bad corrosion around the water pump tell tale , my query is if I was to have a new engine fitted do they change the ECU also, the reason being I have had my one hiltopped, any views on this?
Cheers Dean.🤔

No ecu change ,I have a tuned ecu and replacement engine on my 2013 GS

Hi Dean hope you are both well,

IMO the problem being that even if it remains it will have been set up for the previous engine which will have
differences to the new one. How much difference that would make i don't know and the only way you would know
is by Hilltop doing a dyno run on the new one and comparing the readout to the original.

I have a 2013 gs lc which I have owned from new , my engine is showing bad corrosion around the water pump tell tale , my query is if I was to have a new engine fitted do they change the ECU also, the reason being I have had my one hiltopped, any views on this?
Cheers Dean.��

Hi
Its likeley that you will loose the mapping - ECU remains but the later engine will have the heavier flywheel & get a fresh complete download (2013/14 engine = light flywheel) when mine was replaced ECU download was shown on the bill of works (I asked for a copy as proof of swap out under warranty)

Did you feel or notice any difference with the later engine fitted, my one goes like a rocket at the moment , not much engine braking though but can't have both I suppose.

Did you feel or notice any difference with the later engine fitted, my one goes like a rocket at the moment , not much engine braking though but can't have both I suppose.

Later engine much smoother at lower speeds as you would expect (some reported stalling the earlier engine) I prefer the later engine of the two, slight vibration through the seat at about 80mph though - just where you dont want it!

Back
Top Bottom