Anyone fitted Metxler roadtec 01 ?

I bottled out from fitting one and opted for a PR4. Being a notorious cheapskate, £150 for a rear was a step too far, especially when I've loved PR4s, apart from the punctures and 4.5K mile replacement cycle.

Had Roadtec's fitted last week but only done 100 miles or so as been away. Seem OK to me so far. £300 fitted.

Came of standard Anakee 3 which lasted 6,500 miles

Fitted Roadtec 01s to my 2017 GSA - after several years of Anakee IIIs. As expected there is a significant reduction in road noise (front tyre) - I can now hear the engine noises !
Took the bike on a 750km round trip last weekend - wet roads, loose stone/gravel and dry roads. All ok, no movement or twitching, they hold the road perfectly (and we weren't hanging about). Very pleased with them, Anakees are good but as everyone knows, just too noisey !)

Very little in it between the Roadtec 01 and the Pirelli Angel GT in that test but there's a huge difference in price.

Food for thought 💭

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Just got back from The Picos with a friend ( Mr Bruce Smart@TeaPotOne ) and he had been given a set by Metzler to try out the week before when he did a 6 day trip around the UK ... he said fantastic in the wet, nice and quiet but they were shagged after 5000 miles .... he rides his Gs hard but would have expected more than that.

I was told Angel gt didn't fit lc

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Did Maddocks tell you that Neilo??

Edit....... Just checked, it's only available in the Hexhead front size........... that's stupid.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Just got back from The Picos with a friend ( Mr Bruce Smart@TeaPotOne ) and he had been given a set by Metzler to try out the week before when he did a 6 day trip around the UK ... he said fantastic in the wet, nice and quiet but they were shagged after 5000 miles .... he rides his Gs hard but would have expected more than that.

I never got more than 4500 from a rear PR4 on my GSA

I ride my XR pretty hard and have managed 4000 on the rear roadtec and that includes a trip in the picos where some of the roads are more abrasive

I would be very happy to get 5000miles (8000kms) from any brand of tyre on my Hexhead GS.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Running these for around 700klms now and on a whole they have been good. I seem to scrape the pegs a lot easier than I ever could with the PR4's and it's almost like I have lost some ride height in the rear. You can see they are a much flatter looking tyre than the PR4 even though they are still a 60 profile tyre.

I found myself having to back off today on a road because of the pegs scraping where I never had that with the PR4 on this road.

Running these for around 700klms now and on a whole they have been good. I seem to scrape the pegs a lot easier than I ever could with the PR4's and it's almost like I have lost some ride height in the rear. You can see they are a much flatter looking tyre than the PR4 even though they are still a 60 profile tyre.

I found myself having to back off today on a road because of the pegs scraping where I never had that with the PR4 on this road.

You are a superhero or there is a problem with your bike.
If you are scraping the pegs you have probably lost ride height from your shock. When I scraped the brake lever on my lowered GS it was the evidence my dealer needed to replace the shock under warranty. My bike is now at least an inch higher at the back and firmer as well.

You are a superhero or there is a problem with your bike.
If you are scraping the pegs you have probably lost ride height from your shock. When I scraped the brake lever on my lowered GS it was the evidence my dealer needed to replace the shock under warranty. My bike is now at least an inch higher at the back and firmer as well.

I must be a superhero then because it only started happening in the last 700klms after fitting the Roadtecs :) I have the regular suspension GS and other than the pegs the handling seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom