Anyone fitted Metxler roadtec 01 ?

Sib

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
how do you get on with them ? the noise of the standard tyre is maddening and i`m after a pure road tyre for touring.

also what spec have you fitted as there seems to be various types ie heavy duty or not ..

many thanks

I have been using Roadtec 01 for the past 9k km.Pure road use only for me too. They only comes in standard tyre for GSA sizes. Best tyres imho in dry and wet. Better than PR4 that I was using previously.

interesting to hear more as i cant wait to get the anakees off as well! noise is driving me insane!

I'm interested in putting these on the GS too and have read lots of good reviews. Need to decide in the next 3 weeks before I'm off to the Pyrenees.

I contacted Metzeler and they confirmed standard fitment for the LC rather than HWM.

I presume for those that are using them and rate them for progressive road riding standard 36/42 or thereabouts applies to these also? I run lower than that on other bikes, but the old girl likes things the old fashioned way ;)

By way of comparison, my local tyre is looking at £280 for PR4's vs £306 for the 01's ride in/ride out.

Standard pair on mine. They're excellent, far ahead of the Tourance that the bike came on.

I've got them on my FJR, still running Tourances on my baby GS.

I like the 01s a lot; very grippy & the profiles allow the bike to roll into corners well - gives a far more sporty feel than the previous BT023s.

However I know some riders have found the 01s a tad too nervous for their taste in cross winds having come from PR4s - I got a promo discount of £25 on mine, which I think will become a £30 cash back during May.

Paid £230 delivered from oponeo.com for a set of Roadtec 01's. Will be taking the wheels down tonhave them fitted tomorrow before I go to Black Forest next week. Based on all the other threads and knowledge I have gone for these. I doubt I'll be disappointed

Well after my 5 day jaunt in Ireland next month I'll be fitting the roadtecs going by those reviews!

Anybody got a comparison with tourance next according to this next are better which is what I'm using now and find them very good but has been only tire I've used so nothing to compare with. It's between these 2 and Avon trailriders
6ad47944523a2e26a35a83ca06025c8c.jpg
2d08d4e45c5301563d200f1996f5dd3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ended up getting scorpion trails. Imo better grip then tourance next but a little slower in the transitioning of turns but not by much. The price put me off a bit as they were 70 euro more expensive then the trails per set. Will maybe try them for the next. Sorry can't be much more help

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom